“Great pizza, interesting place.”
Review of Satchel's Pizza

Satchel's Pizza
Ranked #1 of 579 Restaurants in Gainesville
Price range: US$2 - US$24
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great pizza, interesting place.”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The pizza was good, and the place had so many interesting things to look at. There was entertainment the night we were there, and between that and all the fun stuff to walk around and look at, it seemed the pizza was there in no time.

Visited September 2013

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Santa Clara, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Pizza in GNV”

Amazing !!!!
Great food...great service and an awesome ambience.
The old school store in the back in also nice.

• Visited March 2014
Gainesville, Florida
“I like here but my boyfriend doesn't”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I like their pizzas a lot here since price is decent and it's a great local restaurant in Gainesville!. I can pick toppings and they make them right away with all fresh ingredients. Doesn't taste like any artificial flavor, all tastes so true. But because of this healthy and fresh flavors, my bf doesn't like here much because he believes pizza should be like pizza h*t pizza, a lot of cheese and greasy lol.

I took one star off because their deep dish pizza was so so. I finished my undergrad in Chicago so I have tasted the real deep dish. Deep dish here.. is I feel just thick bread with extra toppings that are not actual deep dish.

Except this, I love their pizza in general and their beer and dessert are also great. Ah, and I really really love their waiting place/bar next to restaurant. You can also order pizza there in togo box and sometimes they have live band!! :) I will visit soon again!

• Visited April 2014
Gainesville, Florida
“A Gainesville original”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Funkey structure. With 25+ other acquaintances! had multiple slices of very good pizza and beers. We were outside; did not go inside. I will return.

• Visited May 2014
Tallahassee, Florida
“It is more than a restaurant... it's an experience”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We went to Satchel's for a pizza but we got a lot more. We started with their homemade sodas (ginger ale, root beer, cola) and then dove into the salad and pizza. Primo! But what was most interesting was the eclectic 60's décor that could only have been designed by a commune loving hippy who found his way to central Florida. everywhere you look your eyes rest on a surface covered with art created with the mundane (floppy disks, bottle caps, key chains, garden hoses, etc.). You really have to see it for yourself. Go for it. Don't be scared!

• Visited May 2014