“I'd Stay Here Again”

Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Atlanta, Georgia
“I'd Stay Here Again”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

This hotel has everything a business traveler wants; clean comfortable large rooms, quality linens, friendly staff, functional fitness center, and free wifi. Its location near the freeway is less than desirable, only because the eating options within walking distance are primarily chains dishing out unhealthy and high calorie garbage. If you have a care and are willing to drive 10 to 15 minutes there are many good dining options in Gainesville. This is probably amongst the better choices in the cluster of options located in this area of Archer Road.

Room Tip: Try to avoid room near the elevator shaft or ice machines.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Carrie D, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Ed M,

time out to let us know about your stay. We aim to make our property your “home away from
home” with everything you need either in the hotel or close by. We love getting feedback from

Carrie Duncan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

It was a real nice place and everything but I felt like I was sleeping on a slab of cement. The bed was real hard and did not get a good nights rest. Also the room did not get cool at all. Had the thermostat set at 66 degrees but the room remained muggy and hot all throughout the night. It's a nice place close to things to do but if you need a comfy bed avoid.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear mleslie89,

First and foremost I want to thank you for staying at our property as well as taking the time to
write a review. We want to apologize that you were dissatisfied with the condition of our beds.
All of our king beds do come with the adjustable “Choose you snooze” which allows you to
adjust the bed either firmer or softer. I hope this stay does not alter your decision to stay with us
again. Please contact me directly if you plan to visit the Gainesville area in the near future and I
will see that you enjoy the finest in service and accommodations.

Arcadia
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The hotel itself was great; beautifully decorated. However, if you don't like sleeping on hard beds, don't stay here. Beds were extremely hard and unpleasant. We will not stay here again simply because of the beds. Everything else was fine.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Carrie D, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
I want to begin by thanking you for your review. We truly strive to make our property a “home away from home.” Each employee is dedicated to providing our guests with the exceptional service that you have become accustomed to.

Please accept our apologies for the issues you experienced during your stay regarding the comfort of our beds. This is certainly not the Hilton Garden Inn experience we aim to provide our guests and I am truly sorry this happened to you.

Please contact me directly if you plan to visit the Gainesville area in the near future and I will see that you enjoy the finest in service and accommodations.

Warm Regards,

cooper city, United States
Reviewed 21 April 2014

New, clean and close to campus, shopping and highway. Excellent breakfast with great value. Spacious rooms. Be aware of loads of traffic on Archer Road if heading downtown towards campus. Would stay again. Probably the best hotel in this cluster of places to stay on Archer Road.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! I appreciate the great feedback for the Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, FL and have passed it along to our team. We continue to strive to make each and every stay great and are gracious for feedback to know when we have succeeded. I hope you continue to stay with us when you are in Gainesville in the future.

Birmingham, United States
Reviewed 17 April 2014

The amenities of the hotel are great. Super friendly staff at breakfast and the food was very good. All staff seemed helpful. The pool needed maintenance for cleanliness (it was a little green). Great location, easy to get to, plenty of restaurants nearby. Would stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your recent stay with us and also for taking the time out to let us know about your stay. We love getting feedback from our guests and hope the next time you visit Gainesville FL, we will be your first choice.

If there is anything my staff or I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

First of all, the rooms are very clean and the service is great. That being said, the walls se super thin as I could hear every movement from this above us and those next to us and everyone that was in the hallways. In addition, the cable kept freezing on the TV and the AC is very loud and kept inconsistent temperature. Compared to other hotels I have stayed in around Gainesville, this is still up in the top tier but I think I will go back to the other three or so that I think are better.

Stayed April 2014
Carrie D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Gregg K,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am happy to see you were pleased with the service and cleanliness of our hotel. I apologize for you experienced noise from other guests along with our AC. I am looking into the TV issues to find out what may have caused the problem. I appreciate you bringing it to our attention. I hope you choose to stay with us when your travels bring you back to Gainesville.

Miami Beach, United States
Reviewed 9 April 2014

As a business traveler, I appreciated the quick and efficient way I was checked in and out, the quality and cleanliness of the room, bed sheets, bathroom towels, the bathroom amenities, the snacks available in the lobby, and the free and efficient wifi room internet access.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business