“Great burger...Great atmosphere...Great Staff”
Review of Square 1

Square 1
Ranked #19 of 570 Restaurants in Gainesville
Smithfield, VA
“Great burger...Great atmosphere...Great Staff”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Had lunch here on Saturday,8/16/2014. We had never been here before and they just opened......plus we had a Groupon. We were seated immediately, and the place is very unique inside. Every table is a little different; from red-velvet to leather. The waiter was there immediately and brought our drinks quickly. He explained the menu and made recommendations. There were 3 of us, and we all ordered a different burger just to see the differences. We didn't order an appetizer even though the stacks of onions rings that were being delivered to other tables looked yummy. Our food arrived and it looked amazing. Each burger was cooked exactly how we ordered, and we ordered the fries "extra crispy" which they were. On my wife's Old-Fashioned burger, she substituted a whole wheat bun with no problem. My friends, Philly Burger was terrific, and my SOB (South of the Border) burger had just the right amount of heat.

We didn't order from the bar, but the beer selection was loaded with traditional and micro-brews. I will try those on a dinner adventure here. As we were paying our bill, the Groupon on my smart-phone wouldn't display, but the manager accepted it anyways and he was truly interested in our dining experience.

This place is really awesome if you are looking for a great atmosphere and really good food. Yes, the burgers are pricey, but you are getting quality food and service. I will gladly pay a few extra bucks for quality any day! We Will Be Back!

• Visited August 2014