“Lovely”
Review of Camellia Rose Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gainesville
Camellia Rose Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Gainesville B&B and Inns
Kissimmee, Florida
“Lovely”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

What a beautiful place to stay. Pat has a knack for decorating and an eye for details. Her place is immaculate. We enjoyed the breakfast, mornings sitting on the top porch and a yummy late night snack. She has done a wonderful job creating a warm and relaxing place to stay. She was flexible with our schedule changes and even dropping in early to check in. My sister, her husband and my husband stayed 2 nights as we moved our son into the university. She gave us lots of pointers (shopping/restaurants/directions) for getting around and we enjoyed getting to know her. We will most definitely be back. Lovely place and a very pleasant experience.

Room Tip: great website
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

We were welcomed by Pat despite showing up unannounced and without reservations. It's a nice walk to downtown Gainesville. The breakfasts were yummy and we enjoyed using the upper porch in the evenings. Elegant and good value @ $300 for 2 nights.

• Stayed June 2013
Fort Pierce, Florida
Reviewed 20 June 2013

What a wonderful time my sister and I had! Very relaxing and such charm. The beds are extremly comfortable and perfect for naps during rain storms! Breakfast each morning was sooo goooood! The entire property is wonderfully maintained and decorated in the period of the age of the inn. Pat and Tom are wonderful inn keepers and we have plans for another trip already.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Hobe Sound, Florida, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I chose this wonderful B and B to stay at while our dog Nellie was seen at the U of F veterinary school. I immediately felt at home when I walked in the spacious and cozy cottage. The bed is soooo comfortable and the pretty views out the windows, of the giant oak trees is spectacular! The decor is done so nicely!! pretty dishes, wonderful meals and happy hour snacks. Not to mention the awesome brownies!! Pat and Tom are really great hosts and know how to make you feel comfy!!When traveling alone, it's nice to stay where there will be other people to visit with. And the beautiful wraparound porch is my dream porch. I could sit there for hours!!
This is also a great location to walk to town from. No car needed!! Great food in town and seems like there is a lot to do.
I felt very rested staying here!!

Room Tip: Cottage is quiet and peaceful. And pet friendly
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Lake Worth, Florida
Reviewed 29 May 2013

It was our first B and B experience and we loved it! The home is beautiful and exquisitely decorated. The food was great and so were the hostesses! It was a warm and inviting environment. There was nothing that we would have changed about the weekend.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Lady Clare room on the first floor. Would choose it again without a doubt!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Soldotna, Alaska
Reviewed 12 May 2013

After a very long flight from Kenai, Alaska, the Inn was a perfect place to gather my thoughts and relax. I stayed in the little (very spacious) cottage. Unfortunately business took me to Gainesville so I didn't get to mingle as I had planned; so I'll do another trip so I can make it to "happy hour" in the evening. Thank you Pat for providing such a wonderful retreat!

Room Tip: The cottage is quiet and very private, well appointed.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 8 May 2013

If I tell you just how great this place is, then it might be full the next time I go to Gainesville. I prefer a B&B when I travel alone, since I know a real person is expecting me and it makes me feel just a little safer. So, I've been in many B&B's and can say that this is one of the best! Homey, but in a professional way, with all the details covered -- including comfortable beds, soft towels, delicious breakfast, and a friendly host. Our son is a freshman at UF, so we've got at least 3 more years of Gainesville visits. I plan to stay here every time!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo