“Great find, you won't be disappointed!”
Review of Camellia Rose Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gainesville
Camellia Rose Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Gainesville B&B and Inns
Florida
“Great find, you won't be disappointed!”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

What a lovely B&B. Great location, a quick walk to downtown where there are excellent restaurants - don't miss Dragonfly! This B&B is beautifully remodeled to its original state. The owners are very friendly. Stay here if you can; I know we will for every visit to Gator Country.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Boca Raton, FL
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We had a lovely stay in the Lady Clare room downstairs. The room was beautifully appointed, very comfortable bed, super soft towels and a great shower. Pat and Tom were very wonderful and our breakfast was absolutely delicious! Would definitely stay here again if I go to Gainesville. I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: The Lady Clare room is downstairs and the shower is quite large and roll-in (no lip to the floor) so...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I planned to stay with family in Gainesville, but at the last-minute allergies sent me looking for alternate accommodations. I was so happy that Pat had a room available, and she was welcoming and gracious both at check-in and at breakfast. The room had a lovely private porch overlooking the garden, and everything was clean and beautifully decorated. I needed internet for work, and the connection was fast and functional. Breakfast was minimalist, and most travelers probably would have enjoyed it, but the menu was not to my taste. I will return if I again find myself in in need of a quiet place to sleep in Gainesville, but I will ask for different breakfast choices.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank kat b
Alexander City, Alabama
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I'm taking my 83 yr. old mother on a road trip to visit with friends and family and we decided to make a stop at the Camellia Rose Inn in Gainesville, FL. What a wonderful choice. The room was beautifully appointed, clean and comfortable. Our breakfast was delicious and the host and hostess, Tom & Pat McCants could not have been more helpful with restaurant & local information. I plan on coming back through here with my husband very soon! Thanks for the lovely evening. Mother and I will not soon forget it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

We love to stay in B&B's and Spat's Hideaway was perfect for our family of 4. With a queen bed and a trundle for my teenage boys there was plenty of room for everyone. We loved the jacuzzi tub and being able to walk to the town restaurants was great. Most of all we loved the innkeeper who was hospitable and knowledgeable about the area and cooked a great breakfast...

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Fla_blonde
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed 30 June 2013

What a beautiful place to stay. Pat has a knack for decorating and an eye for details. Her place is immaculate. We enjoyed the breakfast, mornings sitting on the top porch and a yummy late night snack. She has done a wonderful job creating a warm and relaxing place to stay. She was flexible with our schedule changes and even dropping in early to check in. My sister, her husband and my husband stayed 2 nights as we moved our son into the university. She gave us lots of pointers (shopping/restaurants/directions) for getting around and we enjoyed getting to know her. We will most definitely be back. Lovely place and a very pleasant experience.

Room Tip: great website
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

We were welcomed by Pat despite showing up unannounced and without reservations. It's a nice walk to downtown Gainesville. The breakfasts were yummy and we enjoyed using the upper porch in the evenings. Elegant and good value @ $300 for 2 nights.

• Stayed June 2013