“A rose by any other name wouldn't smell as sweet”
Review of Camellia Rose Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gainesville
Camellia Rose Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Gainesville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 April 2014

My husband and I enjoyed our stay in this southern charm. The room was delightful with its fetching functionality and detail. The hospitality and foodservice were flawless, and our quiet nights spent out on the veranda overlooking the gardens below, while we sampled wine, cheese and chocolates will be treasured memories. Pat, you and Tom, are the best!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Pat was great in meeting my food preference and in helping me find my way back "home" when my gps failed during after dinner walk when she was officially off-duty. Also, the location is just a 10 minute walk from a variety of restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Camellia Rose Inn is absolutely beautiful. The home and grounds are perfectly kept and very comfortable. Pat was a gracious host who cooked a perfect breakfast. We completely enjoyed our stay and will go back if we are ever in the area again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My husband and I spent last weekend in Gainesville at this lovely, historic bed and breakfast inn. I made the reservation the day before we arrived and the owner, Pat, graciously gave me a last minute special rate. We stayed in the pretty 'Inspiration' room which was quiet and comfortable with a garden view and spa shower. The breakfasts were delicious! Great coffee, lemon ricotta pancakes the first morning and spinach tomato quiche the second morning with fresh squeezed orange juice. Breakfast was served in the charming dining room or out on the wide veranda. We helped ourselves to incredible brownies that Pat keeps in the dining room with coffee and tea at all hours for guests. There are cold drinks available in a guest refrigerator also. From 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. there was wine, cheese, and crackers in the parlor. The Inn is a short walk or drive from downtown Gainesville where we had a delicious meal at Dragonfly and is also very near the university. Pat graciously accommodated our very late arrival and early departure also. I highly recommend the Camellia Rose Inn!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2014

This was our third annual visit to the Camellia Rose Inn. Pat and Tom were wonderful, friendly hosts; the breakfasts were beautifully prepared and presented; and our room was quiet, very clean, with a comfortable bed. I loved sitting in the rocking chair in front of the fireplace to read my book. We definitely will return.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I enjoyed meeting other travelers at the wine and cheese hour and at breakfast. The food was superb, the bed comfortable and the house immaculate. Pat and Tom were welcoming hosts and I felt right at home. I'll definitely stay here again when I return to Gainesville.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 January 2014

This was my second stay at the Camellia Rose Inn, and it was as good as the first. Pat is a marvelous hostess: considerate, courteous, and helpful. I felt relaxed, safe, and at home. I very much appreciate the beautifully decorated period common rooms, the spacious and inviting porches with a burbling fountain in the front garden, my elegant yet comfy Victorian bedroom, and the delicious and varied breakfasts. I also appreciated the beverages and snacks always available in the dining room and the wake-up coffee to be found in the dining room as early as 6AM. My previous stay was with my husband, so I can recommend it for couples, but I would also like to say that since I was alone on this trip, I felt very safe and comfortable as a woman traveling alone. I highly recommend the Camellia Rose Inn.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business