“The Camellia Rose B&B is the best in town!”
Review of Camellia Rose Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gainesville
Camellia Rose Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Gainesville B&B and Inns
Crestview, Florida
“The Camellia Rose B&B is the best in town!”
Reviewed 29 July 2010

My wife and I traveled to Gainesville on the advice of a friend for our honeymoon. We tried finding a decent motel that was resonable to stay but most was way over our budget. We did an online search for Bed and Breakfast places in Gainesville, and the first we looked at was The Camellia Rose owned by Tom & Pat. I called late in the evening and was greeted by Pat and after a few questions we decided to book the room. We stay in the Anticipation Room which was more than we expected. It was way better than a motel room. The food was delicious, the house was emaculant and we made some new friends there that weekend. Pat was even kind enough to go get us a groom's cake and have ready in the room with the strawberries and champange.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 27 July 2010

I cannot say enough about this B And B, where to start, pristine, comfortable welcoming...triple sheets of excellent quality pressed and bedding to die for, the bathrooms..amazing, the decorations, the innkeepers, everything about this B And B says stay here and you will never stay anywhere else in Gainesville..and my family and I have stayed in many, many places in Gainesville...but...never again the Camellia rose Inn is the only place for us, everything is within walking distance, but why you would ever leavethe Inn is beyond me,,,the breakfast um, um good,..Pat and Tom what a wonderful place what a wonderful stay...thank you very much...You must go and see this place you will not be sorry.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
Alexander City, Alabama
Reviewed 26 July 2010

I was reuniting with former co-workers in Florida and we chose the Camellia Rose Inn as it was a centrally located B&B. We each had beautifully appointed rooms & very comfortable beds, The inn was spotless, the innkeepers so friendly & helpful with directions and recommendations. The food was delicious. The Camellia Rose Inn is so convenient to the restaurants and University of Florida, we plan to make this our annual stop. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Saylin_Gurl
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed 26 June 2010

My wife and I stayed in the Anticipation Room and we never sleep more comfortable, even in our own beds. The view out the windows were awesome, sitting out on the porches was very relaxing even with the heat outside this time of year there are fans that circulate the air and made it very comfortable to set outside. We plan on going back up during the fall when it is cooler.

The breakfast was very good, something different each morning, coffee good and hot. Loved the brownies left out during the day under a glass cake cover. At 5pm there was wine and snack for those who like to really relax.

We went to a restaruant for lunch called Satchels which was very good. Pat McCants gave us the information for all the places to visit and see.

Many places to visit, highly recommend staying at the Camellia Rose Inn. They make you feel like family. There is a special room that allows pets.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Winter Garden, Florida
Reviewed 4 May 2010

Our family stayed at this beautiful bed and breakfast while our daughter graduated from the University of Florida, then commissioned as a Second Lieutenant in the United States Air Force. We wanted a special place to stay to celebrate these events in our lives, and we found ourselves at the Camellia Rose Inn, and immediately fell in love with the inn and the ambiance of the home. We knew from the moment we arrived that it would be hard to leave, but that we would return again. With such emotional events happening in our family, our stay at the inn was the perfect beginning and end to each day we stayed. I can't say enough about this home and the innkeepers who were so gracious.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Tampa
Reviewed 30 March 2010

The Camellia Rose Inn is the best Bed and Breakfast that I have ever stayed in! I planned a romantic weekend for my husband's birthday and Tom and Pat made everything easy and perfect. They arranged a candlelight dinner for two on a veranda overlooking a garden, a sunset horse and carriage ride through historic Gainesville, served an outstanding breakfast and happy hour each day, made top notch restaurant suggestions, and the room was out of this world! We stayed in the Anticipation room and it was truly amazing. The four poster king sized bed, gas fireplace, and jacuzzi tub for two made us fall in love all over again. We honeymooned in Maui Hawaii at a well known resort, but our weekend at The Camellia Rose Inn blew the romance of our stay in Maui out of the water! From the moment that you step foot on this property, you feel miles away from any burden in the world.

Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Riverview, Florida
Reviewed 21 March 2010

I've stayed in several B&B's and while this one is nice, I don't agree with some of the other reviews calling it outstanding. I will start by saying Pat and Tom are very gracious hosts. We stayed in the Anticipation room. I was disappointed there was no place to hang clothes. We had to lay our shirts either on the bed or over the chair. We did enjoy the tub for two but only got lukewarm water out of the tap. Also, we were told not to move the shower head as it is touchy and would flood the kitchen below. I know we don't go to B&B's to watch TV but I was disappointed in the size of the TV in our room. It was like looking at my computer monitor from across the room. While this room is beautiful, you hear lots of street noise. If you are looking for something close to downtown though, this place is in a great location. We sat outside and had a great dinner at Dragonfly.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple