“Local businesses”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: the TOP / prepped daily / fresh & local ingredients / see you soon
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

I love that they use natural and organic ingredients without jacking up the price. its always very busy. Its a bit too loud for a nice evening out but I have yet to not like eating there.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We went to The Top. Sunday Nov 10. There were 7 in our party. We sat down and it took a while to get our order taken. Eventually we placed our order. After we had been there for 1 hour and 20 minutes the waitress came by and said they hadn't lost our order. Seemed to be a strange comment. In the meantime the table next to us was served and left. The table next to that turned over and the second group was eating. The waitress would show up every 15 minutes or so and say they had a really small kitchen and it took a while. She said they didn't even have microwaves. Which was good since I wanted fresh food not microwaved food. After 2 hours we went to the hostess stand and complained. A little while later our waitress came over and said our check had been lost. To add insult to injury she said if we wanted to reorder it would be at least another hour. Now wouldn't you think you would put the order in front if someone had been patiently waiting for 2 hours. She did come by once and asked if we would like some fruit while we were waiting. We all said yes. 20 minutes later she came back by and said would you like some fruit while we were waiting. We said yes the second time as well. She brought a cereal bowl full of fruit put it on the table and left. No serving utensils and no plates. We were all family so we ate out of the same bowl. It was getting pretty incredible at this point. No one from management stopped by or acknowledged our presence. We were all visiting so the time went fast. We had a couple of drinks from the bar that we had to go and get ourselves. When she said it would be more than another hour we left. So in more than 2 hours we had a couple of drinks we got ourselves and Ice water and a bowl of fruit to share. I have been there before and really enjoyed it. I will not go back. Not because of the mix up because I will not support a management team that clearly does not care about their customers.

1  Thank hac422001
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Great food and warm atmosphere. Also a little funky. Our son is at UF and we have been searching for a place we could call our own when we visit. We found it at the top.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

The Top has all the makings of a great restaurant; I just haven't found any of their dishes to be "must haves." My husband loves their brunch options, particularly the pancakes. The coffee is local and tasty, but I could take or leave the rest. Nice environment, though.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

We were told about the vegetarian food there, so we went out to try it. The corn nuggets are to die for. We are vegans and we ate these delicious treats knowing it had eggs in them. They tasted to go to be true so we asked if they were vegan. Our waitress informed us they were not but we couldn't stop.
I had the Tempeh sandwich with buffalo sauce, my husband had the falafel burger. The food was very nice. Good value for the money.
They told us the wait was an hour and half but we were seated within twenty minutes.
Excellent pina colada.
This place is a must try, plenty of meat and seafood dishes to choose from.
Great atmosphere.