“My favorite Gainesville restaurant”
Review of The Top

Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: the TOP / prepped daily / fresh & local ingredients / see you soon
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I make it a point to eat here every time I am in town. I love the quirky, hipster ambiance, and all of the servers are extremely nice. The menu is extensive, but everything I have tried has been to my liking. Would recommend to anyone.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

If the Top were just a bar that served corn nuggets and delicious desserts (mmmm...bourbon torte) then I would agree that it is a Gainesville gem. However they're actually a restaurant and I can't for the life of me figure out why half of Gainesville seems obsessed with it.
Really? Are we that desperate for unique restaurants in this town that we are willing to wait 2+ hours to eat mediocre food (desserts and corn nuggets aside) served by pretentious hipsters?
Don't let me stop you though, if you like waiting an hour for a table and then an additonal hour, only to have your waiter tell you that the kitchen lost your order and then ignore you the rest of the night, then this is the place for you! Don't expect any sympathy from management either, they're too busy cultivating their beards to be bothered.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

The Top has one of, if not the best, Happy Hours in Gainesville. The draft beer list is very impressive, the bartenders are knowledgeable, and the appetizers are well made. The plantain chips are worth a try.

Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had the black peppercorn filets. I have not had a better steak in years. The draft beer list (33 varieties) is impressive. The rest of out party had tacos and a hamburger. All excellent. Josh was our server and was one of the best I have ever had. Will definitely return next time we are in town!!!

Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

I love that they use natural and organic ingredients without jacking up the price. its always very busy. Its a bit too loud for a nice evening out but I have yet to not like eating there.