“Good service, good value, real taste of the south (Cajun)”

Harry's Seafood Bar & Grille
Ranked #6 of 579 Restaurants in Gainesville
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Thank you for visiting Harry's Seafood Bar & Grille! A distinctively different menu, the food of Harry's Seafood Bar and Grille captures the essence of a city not only known worldwide as the birthplace of Jazz but also the birthplace of a unique style of cooking. We've taken the best of Cajun, Creole and Southern flavors infused with a current day twist to create some of our most popular dishes like Shrimp and Scallop Orleans, Grilled Chicken Baton Rouge, Crab Crusted Blackened Red Fish, Bourbon Street Salmon and French Quarter Beef Tenderloin to name a few.
“Good service, good value, real taste of the south (Cajun)”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

The service was excellent, the atmosphere was very nice and homey. The food was good.. With a few real stars like their shrimp and grits. I'd give it a 5 but I considered the food overall to be very good, but not especially exceptional. If in the area, we would most likely recommend Harry's to a friend.

Pennsylvania
“Good Food, Good Prices, Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I ate at Harry's 4 nights in a row in August 2014. Each night I was very happy with my food and beverages. 3 of the 4 nights I had the same waitress, Mary, who was friendly and professional. She remembered my drink order each night and that I was staying at the Hampton across the street. Harry's offers a 10% discount to Hampton guests.
Harry's has a generous (2 to 7 PM) Happy Hour that includes "top shelf" spirits, not just well drinks like a lot of places. Also has a decent "Early Bird Menu" from 4 to 6 PM.
Throughout the week I had the crab cakes, seared Ahi tuna, crawfish etouffee and finally the pork tenderloin. Each meal was very tasty and satisfying.
This is a wonderful and reasonably priced restaurant for dinner.

• Visited August 2014
Flower Mound, Texas
“Very good food!”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We stopped in Harry's in our way to Orlando. The food was tasty specially the chicken Baton Rouge. Beer was very cold! Burgers were all little bit on the flavorless side, but overall we enjoyed the food and the place!

Gainesville, Florida
“Delicious food!”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

I had been here once prior and only tried one dish and wasn't impressed, but I happened to cone back with my wife and I'm glad I did! Both of our entrees, Harry's style chicken and shrimp and grits were excellent with large portions. The price is average and the decor standard but come for the food!

Kampot, Cambodia
“How romance blossomed for me at Harry's”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I had met an amazing woman through an Internet dating service and needed a place for us to meet that was midway between our homes. We decided on the Harry's in Ocala. The evening was wonderful and the woman ever bit as amazing in person as she had been online. Over the next few months, I moved to Gainesville where she loved, in part so we could further develop our relationship. On many occasions we would return to the Harry's there for sentimental reasons and because we knew we could get great food there. In time, I was able to convince this beautiful woman to marry me. As we looked for a place to have our wedding reception, she suggested we ask our favorite restaurant. This location had never done a wedding reception, but they worked out a short menu that allowed our guests to order what they like. The wedding and reception went without a hitch and we still go back to our favorite restaurant to celebrate important events or just remind ourselves of how it all got started. When I think about it, I congratulate myself for having the presence of mind to have chosen Harry's where the food is great and there is plenty of room for romance.

• Visited July 2014