Best Western Gateway Grand
SleepInn
US$109
US$95
ComfortInn
Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$124
Doubletree.com
US$132
US$119
All reviewsomeletbest westernshot tubfree breakfastwafflesking roomgreat place to stayvery nice hotelnice poolstaying at this hoteleasy accessfront desk staffgainesville areafitness centerwould definitely stay here againnice stayconvenient location
Reviewed 10 October 2013

It was convenient for the Florida gators game but that is it. The rooms are outdated. Lobby area is better maintained than the room. We could not check in until 4:00 p.m. They would not let us check in early, not even an hour early. As soon as we checked in, we had to head to the stadium. We did not have time to rest. The omelets for breakfast were not good either. The outside and lobby look better than the rooms. Some light bulbs were also out in the room. Beds were not comfortable either. I expected better. Looks can be deceiving.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Had family of 6 for football game and reunion. Motel service for all areas was TOPS. Would definitely stay there again. Hospitality, service and facilities were excellent. Reunion banquet meal was good . Appearance and facilities were all I could expect. Would stay there again if I was there again. If I had to find one thing to say negative, it would be that it was closer to the university.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stayed here because arrangements were made for me. My practice has been to stay away from Best Westerns. However, the exterior and lobby really surprised me and I thought that maybe they had turned themselves around. Once I got to my room, yes, it was the same BW accommodation, so I will not voluntarily be returning. Glad I did not pay for it and by the way the prices this weekend were greatly inflated due to football events. Let me get to the positives. Check in was fine, staff were courteous. The king room was huge and had a bathtub, unlike rooms complained about in the review and the room the clean. Linens were clean and towels in good shape. The water pressure was good in the shower. Electrical outlets were in convenient places. The remotes were in a sanitized sleeve, the frig was a nice size and the layout of the room was nice. Though I did not use it, the pool side area really looked nice. Wi-fi was free though I chose not to use it. So with all of this, what makes me still not choose BW? The mattress was truly horrible! I barely slept all night trying to find a comfortable spot. It felt as if I were sleeping directly on bed springs. Another post complained about the mattress and I totally agree. For me, a bad mattress is a deal breaker. A hotel should get this one thing right! In addition, housekeeping should turn off alarms. Mine went off (and not a pleasant alarm) and it took some time to figure out how to stop the noise. Additionally many hotels are getting away from these bright LCD displays on the clocks right by the bed. BW Needs to do the same. Furnishings are drab. Walls are thin. Toiletries are budget quality. Breakfast is very meager continental. I chose not to eat there. Upon checkout in better hotels, I will often be asked if everything was to my satisfaction; but no one here asked. That cued me to the fact that BW just does not know how to obtain customer satisfaction. Training would help. I would have shared this with their management rather than post here. So in summary, I cannot recommend a stay at this hotel if either sleeping or eating is on your agenda.

Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We had really good luck with the Best Westerns in Oregon this year so we thought we were on a roll. We booked after reading the TA rating of 4, as I have come to rely on this source. The first thing we noticed was the grungy carpet. (3rd floor) We overlooked the carpet. I decided I was too tired to complain about carpet. Then I checked the bedding, making sure there were no critters in there which I always do.I threw back the bedding and discovered a huge (20" dia.) reddish stain on the mattress right where I would have placed my pillow. Did someone die on this mattress? What could this be? That combined with a dirty toilet seat sent me running for the front desk. The clerk was apologetic and gave us another room on the 2nd floor. The room smelled better, cleaner like bleach. The bed passed inspection. Unfortunately we didnt discover the dirty toilet seat until morning. That was gross. We spoke to the manager and he said he would report this to housekeeping and gave us a $25 credit towards the room which was priced fairly high for what we saw.Although that was a positive gesture, I really feel that we will never try another Best
Western.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

We were driving to Tampa. Did not make it all the way. Ended up last minute deciding to stay somewhere in Gainesville. We lucked out with this room. It is clean, and the bed is bed bug free and comfortable! This will be our new stopping point. P.S. look on priceline for cheap deals!

• Stayed: September 2013