Best Western Gateway Grand
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Econo Lodge West(Gainesville)
View Hotel
La Quinta Inn Gainesville(Gainesville)
Motel 6 Gainesville(Gainesville)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsomeletbest westernshot tubfree breakfastwafflesking roomgreat place to stayvery nice hotelnice poolstaying at this hoteleasy accessfront desk staffgainesville areafitness centerwould definitely stay here againnice stayconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I stayed here with my family this past weekend. My mother in law recently moved to Gainesville and my husband did some research and felt that this was the best of the worst hotels in Gainesville. There are some pros and cons with this hotel. The pro's - it has a very nice swimming pool and pool area. The breakfast is not bad. They have coffee available 24 hours a day and it is always fresh. The restaurant (bar) attached to the hotel has very good bar food. The beds and pillows were comfortable. Hotel is centrally located to highway and is easy to get around.

The con's - prior to my arrival I requested a non-smoking room which was going to be adjoining to our king size bed room for our kids. My son has asthma. Someone had smoked in that room. They were unable to switch rooms for me. The housekeeping gentlemen on duty was very kind to come and spray the room which helped a bit. The temperature in the room cannot be controlled although there is a thermostat. The air conditioning when it goes on can wake the dead. The bathroom was way too small. The housekeeping on staff on Sunday, 10/13/13 were so nasty. They were two woman cleaning the rooms. I requested towels because none had been placed in my room and they were rude and proceeded to say "those people in room 169 are the biggest pain in the rear." Mind you, other than making a request for a non-smoking room we had not complained about a thing. The fitness room was dirty. The machines were not clean. The wipe dispenser to clean the machines was empty.

Also, this hotel is not cheap so when you are paying more than $250.00 a night you expect a bit more than the Comfort Inn. Gainesville does not have many hotels to choose from so my guess is that this is the best of the worst. If you have other options go with those.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Staff was helpful, rooms were clean, hotel is close to interstate and not to far from downtown Gainesville, breakfast lacked hot meals. The restaurant food was good and not overpriced. Overall, the price and value of the hotel was great!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 10 October 2013

It was convenient for the Florida gators game but that is it. The rooms are outdated. Lobby area is better maintained than the room. We could not check in until 4:00 p.m. They would not let us check in early, not even an hour early. As soon as we checked in, we had to head to the stadium. We did not have time to rest. The omelets for breakfast were not good either. The outside and lobby look better than the rooms. Some light bulbs were also out in the room. Beds were not comfortable either. I expected better. Looks can be deceiving.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I am extremely picky when it comes to hotels, and never stay in Best Westerns, but this is what was available, so we booked it. I thought for $289/night, it can't be that bad! Was able to check into our room at noon on a Saturday. The front desk clerk was very courteous. All the staff were very friendly. This is a pet friendly hotel, which is also why we stayed here. Our room was clean, everything was new, no sign of previous pets. I saw the previous review about the mattress (again something I am very picky about) and my bed was great! The pool was fantastic. The Gator's Den sports pub was great too. I was worried that it would be loud at night after the Florida game, but didn't hear a thing! There is free internet. The free breakfast was just okay. The only reason I did not give it an excellent review, is that I think the price was steep. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Had family of 6 for football game and reunion. Motel service for all areas was TOPS. Would definitely stay there again. Hospitality, service and facilities were excellent. Reunion banquet meal was good . Appearance and facilities were all I could expect. Would stay there again if I was there again. If I had to find one thing to say negative, it would be that it was closer to the university.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family