Wyndham Garden Gainesville
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Sleep Inn & Suites University/Shands(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$166
SleepInn
US$309
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$222
US$189
BestWestern.com
1,476 results
All reviewsparamount plazaview of the lakelakeside grillbreakfast buffetshands hospitalshuttle servicean older hotelfront desk staffmarceljoshalligatorsmossbanquetuniversityrateshousekeeperweekends
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 January 2013

but I wouldn't stay here again if you paid me! As I was waiting to get my room key, the front desk person answered the phone and told the caller, "No, we don't rent by the hour". That should have been the first clue! However, I went forward. The first room I was given smelled of smoke (this is a "100% smoke-free facility") so I asked to be moved. The second room didn't smell like smoke, but I so didn't feel safe here. I ended up staying for one night ($49.40 was way more than the room was worth), but my co-worker refused to stay. (Interestingly enough, when she went to the front desk and said "I just checked in..." the person at the front desk didn't even let her finish before he asked if she wanted a refund). I should have gone with her to another hotel!
Until they get rid of the mold, smell, dubious guests, etc., I will not return. Gainesville, you deserve better than this.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Abbysmemere
Robert K, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. It is Dishearting to hear that you had such an experiance with us. I can assure you that I have taken great messures to correct every issuse that you had while staying with us. The Paramount Plaza is currently under going renovations to our guest rooms and part of the process is becoming
100 % smoke free, I apoligize that you had a room that was smoked by a previous guest. Our property is large and sits on 7.5 acers of land the two buildings that have our guest rooms are interior corridor with automatic locking doors, we take guest safety very serious at the Paramount Plaza and rest assured we want you to feel safe. Our staff is very seasoned staff and have been with us for many years and to hear that a staff member would address a guest with such unsatisfactory service is not tolerable. We know that you have many choices for accomidations when visiting the Gainesville area and would like to extend an oppurtunity for you to experiance our true hospitality that we are know for at the Paramount Plaza Hotel. Based on all our great reviews on TripAdvisor you can see that when we have a bad review we address the issues immediatly with corrective action. If you are ever in the area again or would like to talk about your recent stay please contact me direct at 352-377-4000 ext 3420
Robert Knight

Reviewed 8 January 2013

Very comfortable room included a mini refrigerator and microwave. Comfortable bed, plenty of towels and great wifi. Everything I needed at a great price. Staff was friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Robert K, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2013

We would like to thank you for taking the time to give us such a rave review. Gainesville has many options for accomidations and the Paramount Plaza is honored that you chose us. If you are ever returning to the area please contact us direct and save. 352-377-4000
Robert Knight

Reviewed 8 January 2013

We had a very nice stay at the Paramount. No surprises, nothing to complain about. The room was plenty big, clean, and in good repair. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast buffet was excellent. It's not a 5 star NYC buffet, but for the price it was outstanding!
This was a last minute trip, I got the room through Hotwire which made the rate really good. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

When visiting the Gainesville area we know that you have many choices as to accomidations a we are honored that you picked us. If you are ever back in the area again please contact us direct at 353-377-4000. Again, thank you for such kind words in your review.

Reviewed 6 January 2013

Several TripAdvisor reviews mentioned the comfort of the beds, so maybe it's just my wife and I who found it problematic. The mattress was quite thick and looked fairly new, but it was covered by some kind of plastic sheet (I assume to protect it - but they have proper mattress covers that do the same thing) so it felt like sleeping in a hospital. Also it was extremely lumpy under this sheet, so, in short, neither of us slept very well and, in fact, my wife was really annoyed by how uncomfortable it was.
On the plus side, the room was spacious, with nice furnishings. Bathroom was fine and everything was very clean.
Location was not bad, although about 15 minute drive from the highway (I-75), so if you just want to get to the hotel quickly and be on your way in the morning, I prefer being closer to the Interstate. The area itself was a bit run down, but certainly not seedy.
They also have a small fee (which you don't know about until you check in) to cover internet, fitness centre, and a bunch of other things listed on a sheet which the clerk flashed for us to read in about 7 seconds(so I have no idea what else was covered), which are normally included in most other hotels - it's only $2.50, but it's a bit petty. Also, since they have a restaurant, they don't provide a breakfast, as is sometimes done. I don't object to this, since you are aware in advance that this is the case, and many other hotels are the same. But again, we found it petty that since they only had coffee provided in the room and not tea, there was another almost $3 charge when my wife asked if she could get a tea bag.
The front desk clerk was fairly pleasant, but would make a better impression with a shave and a clean and tucked-in shirt.
This could be a very good hotel with a little more attention to detail - i guess that's what distinguishes 2 star from a 3 star hotel. They have a ways to go - not even close to 3.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank APTorontoguy
Robert K, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. The Paramount Plaza Hotel Suites & Conference Center is taking great strides to make many changes. We are currently doing major renovations to all our guest rooms banquets rooms and restaurant. We know that you have many choices when visiting the area and would like to offer you another chance to stay and experiance our changes. Please contact us at 352-377-4000

Reviewed 4 January 2013

This was our second stay at the Paramont and we plan on returning next year. The room we had during each stay was very clean and comfortable. The area around the hotel is peaceful and tranquil, and the staff is friendly and helpful. We have enjoyed the happy hour, as well as breakfast with friends in the restaurant, walkes around the lake with our young grandson, and a morning cup of coffee on the balcony. The hotel location is close to downtown and very convenient to get to. It is a wonderful value.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We know that you have many choices for accomidations when your in the Gainesville area and we would like to thank you for choosing the Paramount Plaza Hotel Suites & Conference Center. If you are ever coming back to the area please call us direct and save. 352-377-4000