1,531 results
All reviewsparamount plazaview of the lakebreakfast buffetshands hospitalshuttle servicean older hotelfront desk staffgreat customer servicedefinitely stay here againmarceljoshalligatorscampusbanquetrateshousekeeperweekends
Reviewed 3 May 2008

I do not recomend this hotel, we stayed overnight on the way to Orlando. Our room although a large suite, was not clean, the furnishings were worn and dirty. The chair was so old and dirty looking I didn't even want to sit down in it! The bed was not comfortable and the bottom sheet on the bed was a fitted sheet that didn't stay on the mattress, I woke up (after very little, uncomfortable sleep) on the bare mattress.

None of the Ice machines in the building we were in worked. We checked every single one.

This hotel did not live up to the reviews I read here! I booked our room through priceline and I have heard some hotels put priceline customers in a different room-if that's the case maybe the other rooms were better. But as a frequent traveler who doesn't mind spending a little more for a great hotel I would definately NEvER return to this hotel. We pricelined it as we realized we were not going to be able to make it to Orlando that night..

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank jeepnchik364
Richard A, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

We, at the Paramount, appreciate you taking your time to leave a review. Our property is undergoing major renovations including new mattresses, furniture, carpet, TV's, mini-fridges, and microwaves. Our full service restaurant is also being updated featuring a hot breakfast buffet along with great evening Happy Hour specials. We offer a shuttle service that runs between the airport, Shands hospital, and the University of Florida for guests' convenience. I hope you have a chance to give us another try to experience the changes. I'm sure you will be impressed with the difference in the property since this review was written. Contact us directly to book a reservation!

Reviewed 28 April 2008

I have spent a week each year at the Paramount attending a workshop at the University. I have been very pleased with the rooms, service, and overall atmosphere of the Paramount. You can't beat it for the price I have paid and I would recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank MorganeB

Reviewed 11 March 2008

We stayed at the Paramount last weekend and our experience
was horrendous!
We had arranged for the Blue Heron Suite.
Upon arrival, I noticed a slight bit of dust on the furninshings, but
nothing major. The bathroom was very clean, however, and the furnishing were quite nice.
That evening I looked for linens that were to be provided for the sofa bed for the sofa bed that my daughter was to sleep on. I thought it strange that they were not be found in any of the closets or drawers, but when I pulled out the sofa bed, I saw it
was already made up. Hmmmmm....normally hotels provide
clean linens for you to make up the sofa bed, but I was willing
to go with the idea that perhaps the hotel had done it as a
convienence to it's customers. I noticed as I pulled the sheet
back it had a large red stain, not from blood, but perhaps from a
spill of some drink, etc. Anyways, it did not make a great impression!
My husband and I then proceeded to get into the large king sized bed and turned out the lights to sleep. I proceeded to toss and turn all evening on the lumpy mattress, and started to feel very itchy. My husband was also having a poor night's sleep as well, due to the same problem. Finally we both feel asleep for about
an hour.
The next morning I woke up to a itching and a rash of small bites
all over my face and on my hands and body. My husband reported that he felt itchy all night too, but didn't have the reaction I did. We both ran to the shower and scrubbed ourselves with hot water, and then immediately checked out. At first we thought
it could be the laundry soap used on the sheets, but upon inspection, they are most definitely bug bites!
I would NOT reccommend this hotel to anyone!

Stayed: March 2008
7  Thank OrlandoFLMom
waynegainesville, Dan Berben / General Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2008

My name is Dan Berben and I am the General Manager of the Paramount Plaza Hotel Suites, Gainsville. We at the Paramount Plaza Hotel Suites take great pride in providing great service and clean, comfortable rooms for our guests. We also have the most highly qualified pest control service in the Gainesville Market. All of our guestt rooms and public areas are checked and serviced regularly. After reading the reveiw, I immediately called in our pest control company to check each and every Blue Heron Suite at the hotel. After careful inspection, we were 100% assured that no evidence of "Bedbugs" or any insects were found. As someone who truly respects and uses this site, we just wanted to give our side of the story.

Sincerely
Dan Berben
GM Paramount Plaza Gainesville

Reviewed 4 March 2008

This hotel offers Starbucks coffee. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Large outdoor pool. On a lake.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank BriBri08

Reviewed 3 March 2008

Visited my daughter at school. A mother/daughter luncheon was held at the Paramount Plaza. Very nice event. Good desserts. Comfortable beds. Large suite. Fridge and microwave, blow dryer and coffee maker.

Stayed: February 2008