1,531 results
All reviewsparamount plazaview of the lakebreakfast buffetshands hospitalshuttle servicean older hotelfront desk staffgreat customer servicedefinitely stay here againmarceljoshalligatorscampusbanquetrateshousekeeperweekends
Reviewed 8 June 2008

Let me begin by saying the choices for fine or "nice" hotels in Gainesville are very limited. Being a college town may have something to do with this. The Paramount hotel is located off of South West 13th street which is just down the road from the college campus. The transition area just before the hotel entrance is some what sketchy and I would probably not jog down the side walks at night or take an after dinner stroll. All thou the area adjacent to the lake, just past the hotel lobby, is very pretty. The hotel cost us 49 dollars a night through Hotwire and we stayed two nights. We were located on the third floor and of course the elevator was broke. The rooms were clean, quite, ample space in the bathrooms, floors vacuumed, and maids were on time every morning. The lobby area offers a full service bar and dining, which is hard to come by for under 100 dollars a night. The parking is limited and very tight. We had issues cars illegally parked blocking us from backing up. After careful negotiation we made it to the main road.

If your traveling with family and looking for an area close to the campus for under 100 dollars a night I would recommend this hotel. Hopefully, they will have the elevator fixed by the time you leave. :-)

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Richard A, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

We, at the Paramount, appreciate you taking your time to leave a review. Our property is undergoing major renovations including new mattresses, furniture, carpet, TV's, mini-fridges, and microwaves. Our full service restaurant is also being updated featuring a hot breakfast buffet along with great evening Happy Hour specials. We offer a shuttle service that runs between the airport, Shands hospital, and the University of Florida for guests' convenience. I hope you have a chance to give us another try to experience the changes. I'm sure you will be impressed with the difference in the property since this review was written. Contact us directly to book a reservation!

Reviewed 8 May 2008

I travel to gainsville every 2 months and ONLY stay 2 or 3 nights. When i called the hotel rep. Carlos took my reservation. I had asked for a standard with 2 double beds. Upon arriving to the hotel it seem very nice, but when front desk manager or supervisor Check us in my mom & me we were put in a Queen size bed room that was NOT CLEANED AT ALL. Called the front desk from the phone in the hall way & was told to go back too the front desk. I spoke with the lady that checked us in she NEVER gave us an apology for the inconv. we got a rm with 2 double beds and a view to the lake. The rm room was nice but the sheets did not fit the matters, the bed cover was burned the tub was dirty the shower was broken. To take a Shower was a big mess. you had to turn the water on & off because the water would not drain, the mirror was dirty. The Manager never spoke with us. When we went to the rest. Justin was very nice and RON was very RUDE HE DID NOT CHECK HIS EMOTIONS before going in to work. Finally we are leaving at 6am and the two guys at the front desk were rude never wanted to give ther names. WE ONLY STOOD IN THE HOTEL BECAUSE EVERYTHING ELSE WAS FULLY BOOKED DUE TO THE BASKETBALL GAME. I hope this hotel PROPERTY MANAGER checks House keeping dept, Front desk, & THE ASST. MANAGER. FRONT DESK IS ALWAYS THE FACE OF ANY HOTEL.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank TheView077

Reviewed 7 May 2008

We stopped at the Paramount Plaza after seeing their ad in our AAA Tour Guide book. We said we would like to look at a room first before checking in. They asked for our credit card to get a key. We obliged understanding the need to do so. After walking and walking and walking we never could find the room. Looking at the hallways and grounds we felt the room probably wouldn't be very good so upon returning to the front desk, hot and tired, we said we wouldn't be staying. I asked if we could have a credit slip. The desk clerk said it hadn't been run through so there was no credit clip. When our credit card bill came there was the charge. I made a total of 4 calls requesting to be called back; 2 to Mr. Dan Bourbon and 2 to a Mrs. Pig. None were returned. Our credit card company had been notified and it is in dispute.

Would anyone want to stay at a "hotel" that is run in this manner?
They must be really hard up for business.

Stayed: March 2008
3  Thank Ft_WorthHoney

Reviewed 5 May 2008

The Paramont Plaza bills itself as upscale and service minded. We beg to differ. We booked our room during graduation weekend, May 1-5 2008. Our first night we discovered a roach the size of a small dog. We killed it. Oh well...... we said it's Florida. The next day we needed more towels to dry off from our lukewarm shower. We had to call repeatedly. The third night we needed more wash cloths. The front desk had only hand towels available. The fourth night we returned after being gone all day to find our door unlocked and propped open by the security latch. The desk clerk offered little response and when pressed took off the charge for the final night and told us to contact the manager in the morning. We did. The phone # listed on the card and the letter head is no longer in service. We used the # on the confirmation slip however and got through only to be told the manager would call us back. As of yet 12 hours and counting, we have heard nothing. If these are upscale accomadations and the service is supposed to be top notch, at these prices stick to motel 6

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank floridagator_8

Reviewed 3 May 2008

I do not recomend this hotel, we stayed overnight on the way to Orlando. Our room although a large suite, was not clean, the furnishings were worn and dirty. The chair was so old and dirty looking I didn't even want to sit down in it! The bed was not comfortable and the bottom sheet on the bed was a fitted sheet that didn't stay on the mattress, I woke up (after very little, uncomfortable sleep) on the bare mattress.

None of the Ice machines in the building we were in worked. We checked every single one.

This hotel did not live up to the reviews I read here! I booked our room through priceline and I have heard some hotels put priceline customers in a different room-if that's the case maybe the other rooms were better. But as a frequent traveler who doesn't mind spending a little more for a great hotel I would definately NEvER return to this hotel. We pricelined it as we realized we were not going to be able to make it to Orlando that night..

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family