“Outstanding value”

Wyndham Garden Gainesville
Ranked #28 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 December 2013

i have been a guest at the Paramount Plaza Hotel because it is near the Shands Medical Centers. As a cost conscious traveler, the hotel is an outstanding value. Marcel and Robert at the front desk ,along with other staff, are very helpful. The rooms are clean, comfortable and spacious. Entry level accomodations are available. The on site Lakeside Grill and Restaurant are a definite plus. The $5.95 breakfast buffet includes eggs made to order. I appreciate the Paramount's safe and quiet location, its shuttle ,and affordability. Plan to stay at this pleasant hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Richard A, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thank you for staying with us! I'm happy to hear that you had an excellent stay. I see you made use of our hot breakfast buffet, which is a great value! I hope you used our other amenities a well, such as our business center or shuttle service. Contact us directly to book your next stay! We look forward to having you again.

Rooms Division Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,436)

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Tracy Ryan was our offsite wedding coordinator and caterer through Paramount. There is no way to put into words how FANTASTIC she is!! She is on top of her game at all times, and working with her tremendously reduced the stresses that come along with a wedding, especially when planning from a distance. Even better, she is a special person who develops meaningful relationships with her clients and their families. After nearly a year of planning together, she has become my dear friend. Ok, enought about Tracy! Her staff was also wonderful...so courteous, helpful, and professional. We are so appreciative of Tracy and her staff!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Richard A, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thank you so much for your review. Tracy is our wonderful Director of Catering and goes above and beyond for her guests. Our property features many different sized banquet rooms and a full catering menu for any of your event needs. Make sure to contact our sales department when looking for a place to book! Biven's Arm Lake is a beautiful backdrop for a wedding and Tracy will help you plan it from start to finish.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Just because its not a "Chain" hotel, the Paramount deserves a stay. Great location on 13th, a full service restaurant and bar and very safe. Rooms clean and up to date. Give it a try!
Dont punish them because they raise the rates on game weekends.....you would too!

Richard at the front desk very helpful!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Richard A, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Thank you for staying with us here at the Paramount. I'm so glad I was able to help make your stay enjoyable. It's a good thing that you tried our restaurant because we offer a hot breakfast buffet and evening happy hour specials. Both are great deals! Make sure you contact us directly to book your next stay to ensure the lowest rate. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Book directly with the hotel to avoid an extra fee, but still expect a small (2.50/day) on your bill. Weekday breakfast buffet at 5.95 is a bargain! Room was a pleasant surprise for the cost. Will choose the Paramount again.

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for staying at the Paramount! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. The $2.50 is in reference to our amenity fee which covers all of the amenities at the hotel. This includes our shuttle service (to and from Shands hospital, the Gainesville airport, and the University of Florida), wifi, fitness center, business center, lakeside pool, and so much more. It's a great value! We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed 30 November 2013

On October 18, 2013, the Eastside High School Class of ‘88 held its 25th Reunion banquet at the Paramount Hotel. As the event organizer, I investigated many other options in Gainesville and the Paramount Hotel definitely offered the best value.

Also, the planning was very efficient from start to finish. The hotel website provides more catering and event planning tools than most competitors, so I had a good idea of costs and other pertinent details before talking with the catering staff. Although I was a little worried about taking the lead in planning the event since I now live in Chicago, I was reassured when I contacted the Director of Catering, Tracy Ryan. She consistently provided helpful suggestions and effortlessly guided me through the planning process.

On the evening of our banquet, Tracy and her staff created a most enjoyable experience for our guests. They accommodated our group in a courteous and professional manner. The food was excellent and attention was paid to detail, so we could not ask for better service.

Whenever I need space again for a gathering in Gainesville, the Paramount Plaza Hotel will be my top choice.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ChicagoTravler1988
Richard A, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Thank you for holding your event at the Paramount Plaza! I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed our property and services. Our sales team would be more than happy to help you plan any event you are planning. We offer banquet space and both on and off-site catering. Call us again to plan your next event!

Reviewed 27 November 2013

My partner and I have stayed at Paramount Plaza Hotel many times over these last three years. I was having surgery and then follow-ups at Shands. The Paramount offered accessibility (they are just a few minutes from the hospital) and affordability-- we couldn't believe the rates!
The rooms are comfortable, spacious and pretty much what you expect from a good older hotel. They aren't fancy but I can be the princess and the pea and I found it to be comfortable, clean, oder free and peaceful. A few times we were lucky to have rooms with beautiful views of the river.
We love the breakfast -- the eggs are made to order and the coffee is good and strong.
Last week we were in D.C. and stayed at the Marriott near Woodsy. It's a lovely old hotel but the rooms were comparable to the Paramount, the breakfast was not quite as good as the Paramount and we paid three times the amount.
The staff at the Paramount has always been so welcoming and helpful. Once we checked out early thinking my CAT scan would take an hour. It took ten minutes. We had three hours until my next procedure. But we had already checked out of the hotel. We went back to the Paramount and told the desk clerk what had happened and he immediately checked us back into our room. We were able to rest there until the later actual check out time. And at no extra cost.
I do have an issue with their pillows-- I wish they were denser (an issue I have with other hotels.) But as the original princess and the pea, I'm at a loss when I read the reviews that claim the Paramount is anything but clean, cheery, comfortable and welcoming. We love this place. And wish more hotels were like it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the water.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Richard A, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

I'm so glad that you had a wonderful stay with us! I would also recommend taking advantage of one of our lake view rooms if you have the chance. We are the ONLY lake front hotel in Gainesville! We also off a daily hot breakfast buffet and evening happy hour specials in our Lakeside Bar & Grill. Make sure you contact us directly to book your next stay at the lowest rate. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I had my wedding reception here at the paramount plaza, and I was completely impressed with the service and the food that I received for the price. I'm a graduate student here at UF, so honestly I didn't have the time or the money to be really into planning every little detail of the wedding reception, or hire a wedding planner... which made Tracy Ryan a life saver! She made sure that all of the decorations I had bought were put together beautifully and also helped me plan the food I had. The food was delicious (made by the hotel itself, so no worries about making sure everything was delivered). I even had guests asking me if my family had made the food, and some were trying to sneak some out for later!!

I also couldn't believe how beautiful everything turned out, down to the detail! I had a vision, showed Tracy some of my ideas, and she made sure it was set up perfectly!! She kept up with me through facebook and was always an email away. I couldn't have done it better myself, and I've never met a nicer person, who was willing to help you any way she could to make sure you got what you wanted!

My guests also enjoyed staying there! And I'm not broke after all of this. Honestly, I don't know what I would have done without Tracy, and the Paramount Plaza Hotel. Great value for such a beautiful location, awesome food, and WONDERFUL staff. Thanks Again!!

P.S. It's also noteworthy to say that the people that I got my flowers and cake through, also love delivering to the Paramount Plaza Hotel, which made that ordeal so much easier than I imagined. I just told them when I was expecting to be there for ( I had the actual wedding at a church) and everything was ready when we got there! Super easy and stress free!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Congratulations on your wedding! I'm so glad we were able to make your special day run smoothly. Tracy is does an amazing job with weddings and we will do all that we can to make sure your day is memorable in the best way. We have a full service catering menu so that all of the food for the function is made on-site with an extensive menu to choose from. Make sure to contact Tracy if you are looking to make wedding plans in the future!