“Great weekend stay.”

Wyndham Garden Gainesville
Ranked #28 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I stayed in this hotel while visiting my family for the holidays. The service was wonderful and our stay pleasant. The young man who checked us in at the front desk, Billy, was friendly and helpful. A great place to stay in Gainesville.

• Stayed: December 2013
Richard A, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your experience here. Make sure you contact us directly for your next stay to ensure the lowest rate. From all of us here at the Paramount, we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Rooms Division Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,378)

Reviewed 23 December 2013

My son graduated from UF this fall and most of the local hotels were booked weeks in advanced. I was lucky enough to come across Paramount Plaza Hotel and couldn't have asked for a better experience. The manager that assisted us (I believe his name was Richard) was extremely professional and accommodating even when I had issues deciding how many days I wanted to stay. The rooms were spacious, the grounds were clean and the service was prompt. Not only that but we were on the part of town where we had to deal with little to no traffic to get to and from the hotel. I absolutely loved Paramount Plaza and would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Gainesville. 5 Stars!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Richard A, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Thank you for your lovely review! I'm so glad you were able to enjoy our property during your son's graduation. Congratulations! I hope you made use of our shuttle that we had going to and from the University of Florida so that you didn't have to fight for parking. From all of us here at the Paramount, we appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

About a week ago, I drove up to Gainesville from Miami for my friend's graduation. Overall wonderful experience! Great staff, enjoyed the restaurant, and excellent service. Really appreciated the shuttle service as well. Billy checked us out on Sunday and he was very friendly and enthusiastic with our family, despite how early it was. We will definitely look into staying at the Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites during our future trips to Gainesville. Hopefully next time we can get a room with the view of the lake!

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank GatorGal12

Thank you for staying with us. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay! Our staff is focused on providing excellent experiences to all of our guests. Our property also offers many different amenities, including a hot breakfast buffet and in-room wifi. We look forward to having you come visit again!

Reviewed 20 December 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights while my husband was a patient at Shands Hospital. The room was comfortable & clean but only had a view from the balcony of a parking lot. The Shands Hospital rate was appreciated and I would stay there again if in the area.

Room Tip: Try for one with a view of the lake rather than a parking lot
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. Maybe next time we can upgrade you to one of our lake view rooms. Some of our rooms have breathtaking views of the wildlife preserve. I hope you made use of our shuttle that runs to Shands. It beats having to pay for valet! Make sure to contact us directly for your next stay. We look forward to having you again.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

I stayed there for my son's graduation at the University of Florida. Despite the volume of people there for the graduation, they did an amazing job handling all of our individual needs! Specifically, a gentleman by the name of Rich (Richard?) Arnold was remarkably friendly and helpful. I believe he is the manager of the hotel or something close to that. Definitely superior service, and a great price for such quality rooms.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank DBush17
Richard A, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay here at the Paramount Plaza! I hope you were able to make use of the shuttle that we offered for graduation ceremonies that weekend or our amazing happy hour specials at our bar every evening. Next time, maybe you could make a reservation with a view of the lake! Just call us directly and we'll be able to put in all the requests you have. From all of us here at the Paramount, we appreciate your business and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Paramount Plaza Hotel this weekend for our daughter's graduation. We stayed in one of the lake side suites and were very impressed by the view! The room was very clean and comfortable. There was also plenty of parking and a shuttle to campus. Richard was very helpful and gave us great suggestions during our stay. His kindness this weekend was very appreciated.

The happy hour at the bar was great as well. The Paramount team was very professional and friendly and made us feel welcome to visit Gainesville again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the lake!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thanks for staying with us! I'm so glad you were able to enjoy one of our suites overlooking the lake. It is such a breathtaking view! It's good that you were able to utilize our happy hour as well. Some of the best deals in Gainesville can be found at the Lakeside Bar and Grill. Please make sure you contact us directly so that we can set you up for another stay. From all of us here at the Paramount, we appreciate your business and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 16 December 2013

My family always stays at the Paramount every time we are in Gainesville. The hotel has fantastic lake views!!! We always enjoy watching the birds and gators from our rooms. It is an older hotel that has been updated. We love that because the rooms are larger than just one of those chain hotels. Also, it is situated in a nice quiet area away from the interstate and loud car noise! The beds are very comfortable, and the rooms are large. The hotel can accommodate many joining rooms. This makes life easy when you book more than one room with children, or more people in your traveling party. We always enjoy the dinner menu, free wifi, and breakfast buffet.
Hotel staff is always polite and helpful. UF is just an easy 2 miles away and the hotel has a shuttle if you need it. We ask to book blocks of rooms for our children's swim team, and have always had a positive experience!! I would definitely recommend this hotel. There is no where else in Gainesville that we would stay instead. My kids think of it as their home away from home.

Room Tip: We enjoy the deluxe double rooms and Heron suites. We always ask for a lake view. Most rooms have...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Richard A, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Thank you so much for the lovely review! It sounds like you took full advantage of our property. I'm so glad we have been able to offer you excellent service in your many visits and we hope to continue serving you. Make sure you contact us directly to book your next stay at the lowest rate. From all of us here at the Paramount, we appreciate your loyalty and feedback.