“The floors (carpet and bath tile) were sticky feeling.”

Wyndham Garden Gainesville
Ranked #25 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
GreenLeadersSilver level
jacksonville
“The floors (carpet and bath tile) were sticky feeling.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Nice rooms but our room didn't have a small frig or microwave while the next room over did. The carpet was gross feeling to walk on. I had to keep washing my feet it felt so nasty. Comfortable bed and furniture. Beautiful view of the lake. Great people working here. The food was good. Our waiter was just awesome. I'm a smoker and it doesn't say anything about being a smoke free facility on there web.

• Stayed March 2014
Richard A, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Thanks for staying with us here at the Paramount. We are currently in the process of installing Microwaves and Mini-fridges into all of our rooms so I am sorry that your room had not received one yet. When you return, make sure to request a room with one so that we can accommodate you better. I'm glad you were able to make use of our restaurant and bar area. From all of us here at the Paramount, we appreciate your business and feedback.

Rooms Division Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
Stuart, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

they have a really good Shands hospital rate. rooms are clean, nice and spacious with fridge and microwaves. I was greeted by John at the front desk who provided me with excellent service and made us feel at home. This our third time staying here and we really like it.
Hany

Room Tip: good discount for Shands hospital rate
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thanks for the lovely review! I'm so glad you enjoyed staying with us. We do offer many discounts when you call the hotel directly to make your reservation. Make sure to contact us when you return to Gainesville!

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

We have stayed at this hotel several times when visiting our child who attends UF. The last stay was the best to date. The staff is always pleasant and the service is great. Convenient free shuttle. We have always enjoyed the food and the bar is pleasant and spacious. Our room was lakefront with a beautiful view. I can be hypercritical about cleanliness, but I have always been pleased at how clean the rooms are at this hotel. Excellent value for the money.

Room Tip: Lakefront is always a good choice.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Richard A, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Our staff is focused on 100% guest satisfaction and I'm so glad we were able to satisfy you while you stayed with us. Our housekeepers pride themselves on our cleanliness. Make sure to contact us directly to book your next stay at the lowest rate.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

We stayed at the Paramount Hotel on two different occasions in the last month.
Both times we dealt with different personnel behind the counter and on the cleaning staff. But both times the service was excellent, the rooms were clean, and the stay was better than we hoped.
Paramount Hotel provides a discount for visitors in Gainesville who have a patient in Shands. The discount is significant, and the value is far better than their price.
They also accommodated with the flexibility on check-outs and extensions as needed based on my dads release from the hospital. The first time he was released, it was well after the check out time, but they waived any late fees or additional costs for us not staying that night (this might have been due to occupancy, but they registration person didn't bat an eye when he did the adjustment).
The hotel is only a few miles away from the University and Shands, and very easy to get to. I would highly recommend this to any and all travelers. I know we will use them again when in the area, but hopefully not for the same reason :)
I didn't rate the spa or breakfast, as we did not partake.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your wonderful review and I'm so glad we were able to make your experience enjoyable. Please make sure to contact us directly for your return visit so that we may book you at the lowest rate. We are the best value in Gainesville!

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

...was a Hilton once upon a time, and I typically am a Marriott Courtyard, or Hampton Inn person my life on the road. And especially the third of the time it comes out of my pocket...I do the corporate rate Hampton route.
A good friend and business associate had been telling me though that the best deal on a nice hotel was down South 13 street-the old Paramount.
I know the area since 3rd grade..and to say I was hesitant about anything more South on 13th than Steak N Shake, be an understatement.
But he was emphatic that it was actually still a good area right there...but the rooms, facilities and the service were as good or better than possibly anywhere BUT, the actual Hilton itself.
So I couldn't have been more surprised, impressed..and convinced my partner was dead on correct-across the board, and then some.
Even a visitor came to see me from one those Archer Rd hotels for almost double...couldn't get over how nice and clean..and great the entire staff and service was.
The place is no joke..a serious great stay and experience all my days there.
My only hesitation to say or share any of this...is that it'll have them too popular and will raise their rates on me.
..so don't tell too many others I guess.
But I did tell the mgr Richard I'd do my first ever hotel/resturant review..because of my experience and appreciation.
..so here you go man.
But don't forget, don't go changing- raising my rates now you get busier, your secret gets out..!

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your stay! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and the amenities we offer. Make sure to contact us directly to book your next stay at the lowest rate. From all of us here at the Paramount, we appreciate your business and hope to see you again!

Orlando, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stayed while attending a conference in the area and though I'd try this as it was host hotel. Online booking was fast. Choose a lakeview room and the $10 breakfast option. The $2.50 "Amenity Fee" is silly = just raise the rate. Check-in could have been faster but on a busy Saturday night had only one person on the desk. What made this a good stay was the room: balcony overlooking the lake and huge firm, comfortable bed, includes micro/fridge. Wireless a little slow but included. Tried the restaurant for dinner: service very friendly but very slow for so few customers. My seafood was undercooked and drowning in thick dill sauce and pasta. Breakfast the next morning was buffet-style and pretty good with lots of choices. I'll stay again when next in south Gainesville but will eat dinner elsewhere.

Room Tip: The lake front balcony rooms are worth the extra rate.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review of your stay with us. We appreciate your business and your feedback and we will be taking into account all of your suggestions so that we may improve our property. I hope you return to stay with us in the future. We are the best value in Gainesville!

Miramar Beach
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

The lobby and small restaurant are modern and nice. The staff is friendly and helpful. Our room was large and had a small fridge and comfortable bed. The room was a little dated, but clean. It is on a lake, but you can not walk around the lake. Overall I think it is a good place to stay for the cost of the room.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Richard A, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thanks for staying with us! I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our amazing value. We are the hidden gem of Gainesville. We do have some rooms overlooking the lake you mentioned so make sure to call and reserve a room for your next stay!