“Good for the Value”

Wyndham Garden Gainesville
Ranked #29 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

No complaints. There are no frills, but it was just what I needed for two nights. My only negative was that as a woman staying alone, I felt a little nervous walking to my room at night in the far building. The manager said they would look into getting nighttime security.

• Stayed: May 2014
Richard A, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you for your review and we appreciate your suggestions. Maybe next time you can enjoy one of our lakeview rooms. The view is breathtaking. Call us directly to book your next reservation! We hope to hear from you.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Thank you to all of the staff at The Paramount Plaza Hotel! From check in to check out, they ensured my family was well taken care of over graduation weekend. We had 3 rooms total - all very spacious, clean, and comfortable. One room had an extra large balcony which we loved and the other had a beautiful view of the forest and lake. Richard made our stay extra special and was there to make sure everything was perfect. Billy at the front desk was very friendly and helpful when we needed to call a taxi. Overall great experience and would recommend to friends and family!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you, Melanie, for your wonderful review. I'm so glad that you were able to enjoy your stay here. Maybe next time you can stay in one of our rooms overlooking the lake! Make sure to contact us directly to book your next stay at the lowest rate. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I had some concerns before arriving after reading some reviews but our stay had no issues at all. The room was clean. The front desk was courteous. The bed was comfortable. I would stay here again the next time we're in Gainesville.

Room Tip: I requested a room that was recently renovated.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank M A

Thanks for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope that you will contact us directly for your next stay so that we may make the reservation at the lowest rate. From all of us here at the Paramount, we appreciate your business and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We just dropped our oldest off for summer session, again. Prior to our stay, we cleaned his apartment, which after 9 months, looked really disgusting. Tired, we arrived at the Paramount to check in. I was afraid that Nicole, the sweet clerk at the front desk, would be scared based on how grungy we appeared. Not so!! Truly a hostess, she found us a room (2201) that had to be the most beautiful lakeside view I have ever seen. Aside from the view, the room was incredibly comfortable, and truly, truly, clean!

While we spent only a very short time at the Paramount (just a sleepover, so we could be on our way with a five hour drive following our quick Sunday brunch), the room was truly paradise, especially with the gorgeous view.

I am no where near retirement, but I always think a lake house would be nice. The Paramount Plaza Hotel and Suites gave us one for a short, but gracious time.

Room Tip: Room 2201 made you feel like you where literally on the lake. It was the farthest from the parking l...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Richard A, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Your room definitely has one of the best views on our property! Please contact us again when returning to Gainesville so that we can book your reservation. Maybe you could even upgrade to one of our suites, which all overlook the lake as well. From all of us here at the Paramount, we appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I had read a number of negative reviews on another site about the Paramount Plaza and was a bit apprehensive. Then I checked Trip Advisor, and the reviews were much more positive. I'd like to add my own positive one. First of all, the price was very reasonable. This isn't a four-star hotel, but it is as nice as, if not nicer, than any Holiday Inn I've been in lately. Our room was quite large, even though it was a standard room with two queen beds. There was also a chair with a footstool, a desk, a small dresser, a fridge, and a microwave. We had plenty of room and never felt crowded. There was also a balcony with two chairs overlooking a woodsy area. The setting was very nice, right on a lake, although there was no access. The pool was large, and the restaurant and bar were nice. Room service prices were very reasonable. The staff was great. Marcel, who greeted us and checked us in, was very friendly and helpful. In fact, every staff member we ran into anywhere was courteous and friendly and asked if we needed anything. My only complaint is that the room could have used another lamp. It was a little darker than I like. The only other slight negative to me was the location. My son was visiting with his college baseball team and they stayed at a hotel right downtown. It would have been nice to be in the middle of things and in walking distance to restaurants, etc., but it was still just an easy two mile drive (maybe not so easy on a football weekend, but no problem for baseball), and I'm sure the location helped keep the price down. My husband and I had a very pleasant stay. I would definitely stay there again and would recommend it without hesitation.

• Stayed: May 2014

I'm glad we were able to exceed your expectations! Make sure to contact us directly when you would like to return to ensure the lowest rate. Maybe next time you could stay in one of our lake view rooms! From all of us here at the Paramount, we cannot wait to have you return.

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at The Paramount Plaza for my daughter's graduation last weekend. Both Billy Kennedy and Richard Arnold provided excellent service and were very helpful, polite, and friendly throughout our stay. We will definitely be staying at The Paramount during our future trips to Gainesville!

Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for your review! I'm so glad you were able to enjoy your stay with us. I hope you made use of our shuttle service to and from the University of Florida over graduation weekend. Make sure to contact us directly to book your next stay!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Our room and a friends room had a connecting door, which was nice. We were on the second floor at the end of the building, and it overlooked a beautiful lake, where we could watch the birds and the gators. Nice and peaceful.

Room Tip: Get the rooms on the end of building overlooking the lake, for peace and quiet, and beautiful scener...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you were able to enjoy our lake view rooms. The view is breath taking, don't you agree? I hope you were also able to enjoy our daily hot breakfast buffet. Make sure to contact us directly to book your next stay at the best rate. We look forward to your return!