“Awesome!!!”

Wyndham Garden Gainesville
Ranked #29 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 August 2014

My husband and I came up to Gainesville to bring our son back to the University of Florida were he attends College. The stay at the Paramount Plaza was great. The room we reserved with the view, was outstanding, facing the lake. Everything was clean and fresh!!! The kings size beds were very comfortable. Totally enjoyed our stay, highly recommended it. This will be our Hotel of stay, when we return back up from South Florida. The front desk was very friendly and did whatever they can to please you. We will be back!!! :)

1  Thank Adele282
Billy K, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

Thank you for choosing Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites. I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of one of our gorgeous lake-view rooms.

I hope you were able to make use of some of our other amenities, such as our lakeside pool and our fitness center.

From all of us at Paramount Plaza, we appreciate your business and hope to see you soon. Remember to book directly with us to guarantee the best rate!

Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I booked a two night stay based on the favorable reviews on Trip Advisor. We reserved well in advance as we were in town to attend our son's commencement. I requested a renovated room with a view of the lake. When we got to our room, it was dated and did not look clean. I wanted to change rooms but the hotel was full with a sports group. Our view of the lake included articles of clothing on the ground outside our balcony. When we checked out I complained to the manager on duty and he adjusted the rate. He said that a renovated room was not available even though I booked well in advance because of the group staying at the hotel. I cannot recommend this hotel based on our experience.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank BLMWestVirginia
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We were just driving from Ft Lauderdale to Atlanta and stayed one night. We had a coupon that they said that they usually don't honor once they are past 80% capacity BUT THEY DID. The room was huge, clean, and my was that king size bed comfortable..Great value and the coffee in the room was great too.Also the front desk agents were extremely polite. They both rocked..

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites. I'm happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us.

From all of us at Paramount Plaza, we appreciate your business and hope to see you soon. Remember to book directly with us to guarantee the best rate.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

During my stay I felt very comfortable and the staff (Montrail) was very friendly and polite. The gentlemen even helped with my bags when I was struggling. I would recommend everyone to come to this hotel :-)

• Stayed: August 2014

Thank you for choosing Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites. I'm very happy to see you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was able to assist you during your visit to Gainesville.

I hope you were able to make use of some of our amenities, such as our lakeside pool and our fitness center. Please remember to book your next stay directly with us to guarantee the best rate.

From all of us here at Paramount Plaza, we appreciate your business and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 24 August 2014

This was our first stay at the Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites, and we were so impressed with our accommodations and staff service. Our room was available earlier than the check in time and we were upgraded to a larger and more spacious suite. The Paramount Plaza hotel is close to the University of Florida where both our children are attending, and is easily accessible off I-75 and the Williston Road exit which is a less hectic and quieter side of Gainesville. It is a quick trip to downtown Gainesville and close to everything we needed for settling our kids into UF. The staff was friendly and helpful and the hotel also has their own restaurant/bar which makes it convenient for dining or room service options. The beautiful lake is scenic and peaceful from room balconies. We are looking forward to a longer stay when we return for our son's graduation in May, and will definitely stay here any time that we are in Gainesville.

Room Tip: Lake view balcony rooms have a peaceful and scenic view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites. I'm glad you enjoyed your first stay with us and were able to experience the gorgeous view of Bivens Arm Lake our lake-view suites offer.

I hope you were also able to take advantage of some of our other amenities, such as our lakeside pool and our fitness center.

From all of us here at Paramount Plaza, we appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you in May!

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Upon our arrival, we learned that not only was our reservation wrong but our last minute dog sitter has spooked our dog causing her to run off and hide. Sam at the front desk handled the booking error flawlessly and showed genuine concern for our missing senior GSP. Bonnie at the bar was concerned she had poured my wine glass too full (it was the end of the bottle). The young man in housekeeping recommended a pizza place the locals preferred (Lou's), and he was spot on! I regret I forget his name but that was right after happy hour. Thank you to these 3 staffers for saving our short trip! And my dog came home before the dog sitter gave up and left so all turned out well.
The room was lovely, clean and comfortable. Don't go anywhere on site without your key as the place is locked down tight.
I made the reservation on kayak.com, requested a place that accepted pets. It was my error not to notice that the site defaulted to a weekday rate to show a cheap rate, but as I said Sam handled everything for us. And the Paramount does not even accept pets. When I called the number on our reservation confirmation to cancel the reservation, they had no record of us and after hours searching got to hotels-and-discounts.com. What a nightmare, never again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for choosing Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites! I'm happy to see you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was able to provide you an enjoyable experience during your time in Gainesville. I'm also glad your dog returned!

I hope you were able to make use of some of our amenities, such as our lakeside pool and our fitness center. Please remember to book your next stay directly with us to ensure the best rate.

From all of us here at Paramount Plaza, we appreciate your business and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

When I called the hotel, I spoke with a gentlemen by the name of John L. He was very polite and helpful. He gave me information regarding the different services that would help make my stay better. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Nadine R, Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Thank you for staying at the Paramount plaza Hotel & Suites. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that you made use of the amenities that we offer, such as our shuttle service or our hot breakfast buffet. Please remember to contact us directly to book you next stay at the lowest rate. From all of us here at the Paramount, we appreciate your business and hope to see you again!

NG/RDM