Here for a conference...the hotel's website says "completely renovated in 2007." Clearly that didn't mean the room we were in or the other ones I saw. Paint and wallpaper peeling, mildew in the shower stall, holes in the walls painted over, burn marks in the carpet, and cracked/crumbling vinyl curtains. Beds were stained and worn, with mattresses that didn't fit box springs. This was the worst experience I've had in any recent trip and I stay in hotels 40–50 nights per year.
Room service was not available during the day, and the quality of food was really poor. Our dinner took nearly 90 minutes to arrive, even though there were only 10 people in the restaurant. We would have gone elsewhere, but this was the only food option.
The hotel also advertises wi-fi internet service, which did not work in guest rooms at all, plus free shuttle to/from the airport. Unfortunately, the hours the shuttle operated were not as advertised on the website, so taxi is a much better option.
Fitness center equipment was rusted and ancient. At over $100/night, this place is no bargain, and you'd do better at less expensive hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wyndham Garden Hotel and Conference Center stands out amongst the best accommodations in Gainesville, Florida. Bordered by the picturesque Bivens Arm Lake Nature Preserve, the hotel is Gainesville's only lakefront hotel, offering a taste of Florida the way it used to be. The Wyndham Garden Hotel & Conference Center offers full-service Gainesville hotel lodging at surprisingly affordable rates. The Wyndham Garden is ideally located only minutes from Gainesville's most important and popular attractions and venues, such as the University of Florida, the Butterfly Rain forest, Paynes Prairie State Park, the Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, and Shands Teaching Hospital at The University of Florida. The hotel is a short drive North of historic Micanopy and antique shopping, and just a few miles from downtown Gainesville. Each of our 197 large NON-SMOKING, comfortable guest rooms and suites are designed to meet your Gainesville accommodation needs. Our guest rooms are larger than most hotels in the area, which leaves you with plenty of space to create your home away from home. In-room guest amenities include coffee makers, wireless Internet access, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards. Unwind on one of our comfortable pillow-top beds and catch up on your relaxation with remote controlled cable television. The Wyndham Garden offers free shuttle services from 7:30 a.M. To 5:30 p.M. Daily upon scheduling at check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Wyndham Garden Gainesville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paramount Plaza Hotel Gainesville
- Paramount Plaza Hotel And Suites
- Paramount Gainesville
- Gainesville Paramount
- Wyndham Garden Gainesville Florida