1,527 results
All reviewsparamount plazaview of the lakebreakfast buffetshands hospitalshuttle servicean older hotelfront desk staffgreat customer servicedefinitely stay here againmarceljoshalligatorsuniversitybanquetrateshousekeeperweekends
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

First off let me state I'm a Wyndham Diamond member (that means over 40 nights a year in all their properties). I was treated very well and I bet I got 2 of the best rooms on the property because of my status with Wyndham rewards. They appear to be remodeling this property. It is very old and is dark and has a dungeon feel to it. But there is work being done. They even had a free shuttle (2 mini vans running game day people to campus for a football game).
What is totally unacceptable is the crap they pull at breakfast. They have a little table for the continental free people (like me). A 4 dollar omelet option or a full blown 9.99 hot breakfast (which was three lousy trays of food). When the waiters figured out I was a free eater only, I didn't even get served water. You were charging 389.99 a night for this place (laugh here) for this football game weekend and you try to nickel and dime us for 4 or 10 dollars for breakfast? What the heck?? This hotel is a solid 70-80 buck a night place but come on, your breakfast is a joke. Either charge for everything, or have a free breakfast.
This place served its purpose for me but if my bill would have been 800 bucks, I'd be really upset. Luckily you have other options in this town to choose.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
WyndhamGardenGainevi, Webmaster at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for your stay at the Wyndham Garden Gainesville and feedback.
We appreciate your review for specifying the pros and cons about the hotel.
This will help us to improve in a better way.
We shall take care of your observations and shall definitely give you a nice stay next time.
Steps shall be taken to improve the check in also.
Please do visit us again.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

The staff are liars and very unprofessional! I will never stay at a Wyndham nor will I ever recommend them.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from the Wyndham Garden.
We are very much concerned with your feedback.
Our apologies for the bad experience.
Our endeavor is to offer a nice stay to all our guests but failed this time.
Actions shall be taken to improve everything on war foot and you can have a good stay next time.
Hope you will reconsider.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

I stopped here overnight while on a long driving trip. It is a large hotel/conference center. My room had nice accomodations; however, it had a very bad smell similar to BO (body odor). I just had to endure the smell until my nose got used to it. A continental breakfast was included but everything was heavy carbs (bagels, cereal, oatmeal, bakery items). No fruit even. If you wanted eggs you had to ask for it and pay $4. For a very limited 'hot buffet' you had to pay $9.99. However, the price was not expensive for the room. Next time I will look for other options or pay a little more for a clean and clean-smelling room.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
WyndhamGardenGainevi, Webmaster at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for the problems you incurred. Corrective steps have been taken to assure that this will not happen to another guest. We strive to make each Stay a success and regret that we let you down.

Sincerely
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed here on a Friday night before a UF football game, so I expected it to be expensive. What I did not expect was a dungeon-like room, hallways that smell like urine, or an exercise room that had old and semi-functional equipment. And no water in the water cooler or disinfectant wipes. Overall, the hotel was comparable in quality to some $85 hotels we have stayed in recently. The kicker was the breakfast - a basic Continental but you could pay extra for eggs and other more substantial food. $290 for the room and then another $10 for some eggs...I will never stay here again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feed back.
We do apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced. Housekeeping received extra training concerning the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.. However, we are taking you concerns you voiced into consideration for improvements. We do hope you coma back and try us again.

Sincerely
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 3 October 2017

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
WyndhamGardenGainevi, Webmaster at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017