“Standard Hotel”

Travelers Inn Gainesville
Travelers Inn Gainesville
Ranked #30 of 46 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed 15 July 2012

The desk clerk was nice, room was standard. Good location, restaurants close by. I would come back again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Travelers Inn Gainesville

Reviewed 5 November 2011

Horrible experience! Upon check in was given a bill for $223.20. Told the clerk that price was not what I received online and he informed me the extra charge was tax. After teaching him a little basic math my price suddenly was $200.23. Upon entering the room I noticed there were no towels, called the desk clerk and he asked me if I could walk down and get them in the cold. I said can you not bring them and he said sure. He then arrived with two more of the HAND towels we already had in the room. After he left I laid in the bed and attempted to turn on the tv and the remote was busted and didn't work. I actually had to put a clean shirt over the pillow case that had hair on it! No tv, no wifi like it says, horrible customer service, and disgustingly unclean. I'll be searching for another hotel in the am. Don't waste your time!!!

• Stayed: November 2011
3  Thank Chris5985
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Very Convienent to everything. The a/c was cold and the ice machines were plentiful. Staff was helpful. Enjoyed the stay,

Room Tip: Bring your own soap and shampoo and extra towels
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank ann a
Reviewed 14 March 2011

I had a very back experience this weekend. the images are very misleading and the motel looked like a crack house. i lifted the end of the comforter and there was a bloodstain and a piece of hair. half the chair was ripped off and there were cigarette holes in the comforter that also looked like it had never been washed.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank crystalbrooks
Reviewed 4 May 2010

We reserved a room here for 2 nights for my son's graduation from UFL. We were very dissapointed upon entering the room. It smelled very musty. The bathroom was aweful. Toilet seat probably hadn't been replaced in 20 years..........paint was worn off and there was old urine on the seat hinges. No lighting in the bathroom....just an old lamp placed on the vanity. The pillows were very old and stained. One of the beds had bugs crawling around. Needless to say, we did not stay. the clerk did not refund us for the first night and was very rude when we told him of the room's condition.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Denise916
A TripAdvisor Member
ILLINOIS
Reviewed 26 February 2005

We arrived before 3PM for our reservation and the desk clerk made sure that a room was prepared for us right away. We go to Palm Beach every winter and we make a point to stay on our way there as well as on our way home. The young lady that use to check us in is now the manger and she always make us feel welcome. Our room is always clean and any issues we may have the staff is quick to correct and always smiling.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Gainesville, FL
Reviewed 11 June 2004

My mom and I stayed at this hotel right before I moved to Gainesville. The room smelled like it had been closed up for months-- very musty and gross. There was no remote or toiletries. I guess it's acceptable if you are just going there to sleep for a single night and don't want to pay much, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2002