“Pleasant place to lay your head.”

Courtyard Gainesville
Ranked #19 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
“Pleasant place to lay your head.”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

It's a slightly dated Courtyard, but still meets the traditional standards of the chain. Staff was very pleasant in my limited interactions with them. Rooms are very clean with mattresses on the firm side of things. Quiet, on the third floor at least. Parking is free, as is Internet. On my second stay here I arrived without reservation and staff honored the cheapest rate available (for a room with two double beds) but still have me a king size bed as I requested. Only thing I'd like to see different is mini-fridges in rooms (none currently).

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Chris B
AsstGMA, General Manager at Courtyard Gainesville, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Thank you for your feedback! I appreciate your opinion of our hotel and appreciate you taking the time to review us.

I'm especially happy to hear that my staff was able to accommodate your requests to ensure you had a comfortable stay. We love repeat guests and try our best to treat them like family when they stay with us. I hope you will continue to choose our hotel in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Knoxville,TN
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed here for an overnight stop and were very happy. I had stayed at a competing hotel the month before, and this was far and away a better hotel! This is an updated Courtyard with all the newest amenities and decor. We even decided to treat ourselves to Starbucks! You do have to pay for breakfast, but it is quick and delicious. The room was very clean, including the bathroom. Marriott beds are always great, so I knew I would get a great night's sleep! The hotel is across the street from Publix and a strip mall, and many restaurants, local and chain are within a couple of miles. The location is a little off the main drag so it is quiet, but it is close enough to the interstate that you will hop on and hop off the exit. The next time I am in Gainesville, this will definitely be the place I will stay!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Cindy L
Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to share your opinions online. We really appreciate your kind words!

I look forward to having you stay with us again in the future. We will be sure to keep the Starbucks ready for you!
Temple Terrace, Fl, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Been there three times and never been disappointed. Staff very friendly and responsive. Nice Bistro off lobby with table service. Mini-fridges available on request. First come first served.
Microwave and vittles downstairs. Good fitness room.

Room Tip: Certainly get what you pay for, providing you check around first. Get a North facing room for quietn...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel! Having stayed with us in the past, I am very appreciative of your loyalty. I know you have a choice when staying in Gainesville and I am pleased that you continue to choose ours! Thank you!
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My husband and I just returned from a two night stay at this Courtyard. When we arrived very late at night, the woman who checked us in was very effiecent and made us feel welcome. Our room was very clean and had plenty of room. The bed was of good quality.

Breakfast was not included, but they did have delicious sounding menu items for sale in the bistro. We had plans for breakfast with friends, or else I would have stopped and tried the French toast.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
AsstGMA, General Manager at Courtyard Gainesville, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
I'd liek to thank you for your kind words and feedback about my property! Our team is 100% focused on providing every guest with the best customer service we can deliver. I thank you for taking the time to review us.

Please know that we would love to have the opportunity to serve your family again should your travels bring you back to Gainesville. And trust me- The French Toast is delicous!

Best regards,
Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

I won't stay anywhere else when I'm in Gainesville. The service alone in this hotel exceeds what you normally get. It literally took me three minutes to check in. Every staff member greeted me with a smile and always asked how my stay was. The rooms are clean, modern, and comfortable. You can stay at other hotels but you'll be sorry. Even the security of this hotel is top notch. Great job again guys!! You've been very consistent in the past couple of years. That's hard to find!! Keep it up.

• Stayed July 2013
AsstGMA, General Manager at Courtyard Gainesville, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Thank you so very much for taking the time to offer us such positive feedback! We truly appreciate having the opportunity to provide excellent customer service in a safe and comfortable environment. It is what hospitality is all about, and we are glad it shows!

My team will be as happy to hear your comments as I am. Please know that we appreciate your loyalty, and will be happy to have you back again when you return to Gainesville.

Thank you so much!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We stayed here for one night, and it was alright. We don't generally stay at courtyards, but with small children we wanted a king suite with a kitchenette to make our night easier. This hotel was in a great location with plenty of shopping and restaurants nearby, and Gainesville is a "college town" so it was fun to pass through the campus. We had a small breakfast that we purchased in their lounge area, and the morning staff was very pleasant. I'd probably stay here again....

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for trying our Courtyard while you were in Gainesville! We appreciate having the opportunity to share with you what we feel makes a Courtyard so special!

I will definitely share your comments with my team. They thrive on feedback from our guests as it challenges them to improve what they do every day.

Thank you again for your review!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My family's overnight stay at the Gainesville Courtyard for the night of June 8, 2013 was not one of the more memorable Marriott visits we've had. While this hotel stay was only intended to be a way-station on the drive down to our final destination of Bradenton, FL / Bradenton Courtyard (which turned out to be great and comfortable stay), I must say that I felt more tired after our night's stay at this hotel.

While the room was quite spacious and had space for my wife and two small children, the room itself felt outdated and worn. The toilet and tub area smelled musty, and the bathroom door would not open completely, bumping into the toilet. The set-up of the outside sink area felt awkward and old.

As far as our sleeping arrangement was concerned, I ordered a roll away bed for my 8 year old son to sleep on. We could feel the mattress springs coming through, which my son complained about.

Overall, the overall feeling of not being comfortable in a hotel room was what distinguished this Courtyard visit. I would not rate this Courtyard very highly, although the Tripadvisor reviews are fairly decent. On the other hand, the Bradenton Courtyard Riverwalk is a property that has mediocre Tripadvisor reviews, and was the portion of my family's Florida trip that I was not looking forward to. The Bradenton Courtyard actually turned out to be a gem, and it's one property that my wife and I wouldn't mind going back to!

I realize that hotels along the interstates probably have a tough time of keeping up with appearances and cleanliness, as they're mainly used for one night visits, but I assume if a hotel has the Marriott and Courtyard name, the quality of the hotel and room will be of the same high standard throughout. Unfortunately, the Gainesville Courtyard will not see us returning when traveling through Florida.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank VidPS
I'd like to thank you for your honest feedback regarding your stay with us. I do apologize that we were unable to provide you with a more positive experience during your stay.

Our goal is to always provide the best possible experience for our guests, and I regret that we were unable to do so during your time with us. Your comments are taken very seriously and please know that I will work with my team to prevent a similar instance in the future.

Though I cannot reverse your experience, please know that I value your loyalty to Marriott and to the Courtyard brand of hotels. It is my hope that you will continue to use us for your lodging needs in the future. If your travels ever bring you to Gainesville in the future, I would appreciate the opportunity to provide you with the type of stay you've come to expect from a Marriott property.

Again, I aprpeciate your feedback.

Best Regards,