Courtyard Gainesville
US$90
SleepInn
US$95
ComfortInn
Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$110
US$124
US$116
US$93
All reviewstypical courtyardupdated courtyardhi speedstarbucks coffeenice hotelconvenient locationlate checkoutarcher roadrestaurants and shoppingshort driveworkout roomthe sofa bedtop floorfirst floorcomfortable staythe staff was friendly and helpfulnice room
Reviewed 14 July 2014

They knew from our advance reservation that we had five people to stay in the King Suite, which happened to be the most expensive of their accommodations with no AARP Discount allowed, and there were only two uncovered glasses with the dirty ice bucket. The cloth shower mat (rug) was FILTHY with a lot of long hair on it. We had to Ask for more towels, because there were only three sets, when they knew there would be five in our party. When we checked out, GLADLY, we did express our complaints and the female behind the desk acted as if we were a nuisance to her. Very Poor Quality, overall !!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
AsstGMA, General Manager at Courtyard Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

I apologize that your experience at my hotel did not meet yours -or our- expectations. I appreciate your honest feedback and will address your concerns with my team. We strive to provide the best customer experience possible, and I regret that we failed at that during your stay.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I guess people don't realize and understand, when you go to a hotel.. it's not your home so it's not going to be to your highest standard. But i can honestly say staying here whatever you need, they handle it. What ever question you have they will do their best to give you satisfaction. I arrived late one night and needed a place to lay my head Margo helped me 100fold. I wish I could have thanked her personally but never got a chance to. But she worked over night, and I know she could have had a million other responsibilities that night but she made sure I was well accomidated. And I truly appreciate the staff. Shaneka is another one. These people live by the rule. Treat others the way you want to be treated

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Tangie2oo3

Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel and our team. I appreciate you taking the time to recognize their efforts, and I am very pleased that they made your stay enjoyable. Often times it is easier to point out the negatives than the positives. I will share your comments with my staff and let them know that what they do each day really can have an impact. Thank you again!

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I don't stay at Marriott's too often, but this one had a very friendly and engaging staff and a very good layout for getting work done in the lobby restaurant area. The morning offerings from the onsite Starbucks was definitely above average including hot meals.

The rooms were more than adequate and our understanding was that they were beginning a remodel this summer. Frankly it was very comfortable as it was.

Location wise, I would not call it pedestrian friendly, but if you have a car, there will be no lack of choices of restaurants or shopping. Depending on traffic, downtown is about 15 - 25 minutes and the main UF campus as close as 10 minutes to as far as 20 minutes.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank kahoru w
AsstGMA, General Manager at Courtyard Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us this month and that our ammenities suited your needs. I hope that upon completion of our renovation you will find even more to be pleased about! Thank you again for your time and for reviewing us. It is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

The hotel is right off of highway 75 and is surrounded with easy access to both restaurants and shopping. Our room was on the second floor in the front of the building. Based on other reviews had requested room on quiet side of the hotel which is the back side, but was told on check in that none were available. The AC in the room shut off and then back on all night - did not find an option to keep in constantly on. There was no choice of pillows except big pillows. It is not uncommon these days to find hotels that provide varied sizes of pillows on beds to accommodate one's sleep comfort. These three factors of highway noise, AC off and on and uncomfortable pillows led to a poor nights sleep. Other negative was the hotel offered a happy hour in the lobby bar, but no one was working at the bar for the hour and a half a large group of us congregated there. As others indicated the rooms need updating and was told at check in that renovation plans have already started in the lobby area. the staff were very polite, but I wold seek another hotel next the based on sleep comfort/quality.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for top floor on quiet side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank dogcabo

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I welcome your feedback as it provides us with the information we need to continue to improve our services. I am very sorry that you found the quality of sleep lacking during your stay. I understand how important a good night's sleep is when travelling. I would like to invite you back again in the future in the hopes that we can regain your business and reinforce your loyalty to Marriott. Thank you again.

Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Stopped along interstate when weather too bas to drive further. Always stay at Marriotts. . Thanks to Sarah for her help in using my reward points for an earned free night. Then providing another key after locking myself out in three minutes. Good shower. Comfortable beds. Good stay

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

I am very pleased that we were able to provide you with the consistency you have come to expect from Marriott hotels. I greatly appreciate your feedback about your stay. I will gladly share this with my team to ensure they know that their efforts are appreciated. Thank you again!