“Great staff...very accommodating!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 45 Hotels in Gainesville
Hobe Sound FL
“Great staff...very accommodating!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2012

I rented two (connecting) rooms for three nights and it was important that the rooms connect.
From the initial contact for the reservation until we checked out, all the staff was outstanding
and went out of their way to make sure we got what we needed. Yes, the lobby is under construction but it is not a major comfort issue. The entire hotel has been redone and the lobby is the last area to be completed. I will be returning to this facility and recommend it to anyone
that is visiting Gainesville. Convenient access to I-75 and major restaurant/shopping.

Room Tip: Ask for 2nd floor, back side of building.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank KerryD85
Raymond F, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, 20 December 2012
Dear KerryD85,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about out property. I am glad we were able to accomodate your request for adjoining rooms.
I am delighted that the renovations did not interfere with your visit. We try to make everyone's stay as accomodating as possible, even through times as such.
We look forward to your next visit and hopefully you'll be able to enjoy a completely newly renovated hotel with the same Hamptonality as before.

Safe Travels,

Ryan Tate

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Glen Head, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2012

We stayed here the hotel did not tell us that it is under renovation. Stayed one night we were woken up by machinery and mixing of cement at 12:30 A.M manager Susan [-] was not helpful or understanding at all . I spoke to the manager about this and to be honest she was
very unprofessional and vulgar. This type of manager puts a bad name on the Hilton Hotels , I was
greatly relieved after I had to make a phone call to headquarters they were more than accommodating to sort this out.However this hotel I would not recommend even aside from the renovation the rooms were old and not an overall fresh feeling. If you have a problem here at this hotel they will not help you your stuck beware!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Nancy S
Raymond F, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, 5 December 2012
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry that you feel you received a poor level of service; as our focus is always on our customer service. We apologize for the miscommunication regarding the final phase of our remodeling. Our guests rooms were completed first and we are on the home stretch with the lobby area. We will surely be more self-aware of our reactions towards guests’ concerns, going forward. Thank you once again for your comments.

Best regards,

Raymond Francois
Sylacauga, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2012

yes, they are renovating. hotels get old and worn like people, so it's a good thing they are spending money to renovate. the lobby was a mess, but my room was brand new. probably the friendliest and most helpful staff I've ever encountered. My next trip to Gainesville will find me staying here!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank dex49
Dear dex49,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our property. I also thank you for understanding us renovating to be a necessity. I assure progress has been made in the lobby and it is nearing an end. I am glad you liked the room and enjoyed your stay with us.

I look forward to seeing you in the future. I am sure you'll like our improvements!

Safe Travels,
MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

Only in town for a couple of days on business and lucked out by selecting this property. It has a great location as far as restaurants and entertainment go - lots of things within walking distance & I felt safe the whole time I was out walking, even after dark. The staff at this hotel really went out of their way to make everyone feel welcome, even
doing an evening get together which was not the norm at most Hampton Inns at which I've stayed. I was really impressed with the staff at the check in desk; everytime I walked by, either in or out, they had a kind word to say and would take time from their work just to be pleasant. Definitely will stay at this property the next time I return to Gainsville.

Room Tip: This seems to be a quiet spot in the middle of Gainesville. I don't know if there would be a ro...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank davenak3
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2012

The renovation was still going on, and the lobby was a complete construction zone. My room was apparently completed as part of the renovation, because it was very nice. The bed was quite comfortable, the wireless worked great, the desk was great, with plenty of outlets. There was a pool, albeit fairly close to the freeway, but nice enough to lay out and catch a little bit of sunshine. The breakfast was plentiful. My only complaint was being subjected to Fox News in the breakfast room. The hotel staff should make it their business to make sure the TV in the public space is not tuned into anything so controversial (Fox, MSNBC, religious channels, etc.) that could make guests feel uncomfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Santa Claus, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

Website did not state hotel was under major renovation when making reservation. Agree with a previous post that the lobby was a construction zone. Room was old with horrible beds. Bathroom didn't seem clean and tub didn't drain while showering. If it wouldn't have been so late, we would have gone to another hotel. The hotel clerk was very friendly. Breakfast was adequate and set up on the second floor. Rate seemed a little high for the outdated facility. Seems like a lot of Hampton Hotels are going under major renovations lately.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Raymond F, Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, 31 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback, we are sorry for the condition of your room and the appearance of our lobby. As you mentioned, we are almost finished with our renovations and again we apologize for the inconvenience that they caused while you were here. We hope we can have another chance to show you what our warm Hamptonality is all about here at our hotel,

We enjoyed having you as our guest and I hope that you will visit us again soon.
If there is anything I can do to help plan your next visit, please feel free to contact me directly for assistance.

Raymond Francois
Assistant General Manager
Okeechobee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

We stayed one night. The lobby was a construction zone, being remodeled and nothing but concrete floors, stud walls and the lobby desk BUT we were greeted by a very friendly and helpful lady. If it wouldn't have been pouring down rain we probably would have checked with one of the other hotels nearby. The room seemed a little dated but maybe that's what this Hampton is working on, remodeling. We met a painter coming down the elevator and he said he was painting all the rooms on the 3rd floor. They still had an excellent breakfast room. It was set up on the 2nd floor.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple