“nice stay”

Hampton Inn Gainesville
Ranked #11 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed 18 December 2013

A nice place and a friendly staff...A decent free breakfast with very good coffee. A very good location close to anything you may need The best part was when we came outside in the morning it was near 60!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
HamptonFL32608, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Dear jship1,

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us in the Sunshine State! Warm weather here is a must!
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit. I'm glad we were able to accommodate you during your travels. I hope you keep us in mind during your future travels!

Reviewed 12 December 2013

If you happen to be in Gainesville on the business or leisure trip, this is a great place to stay. Close to everything and very nice accommodation. Rooms are clean, breakfast varieties are excellent and stuff very friendly.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Dradan M,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit. It's great to know you enjoyed your stay so much that you recommend us to your fellow travelers! I'm glad you enjoyed breakfast. The staff works very hard preparing breakfast for our guests!

Once again, thank you for your visit. I hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed 11 December 2013

very impressive update/remodel. friendly welcome from beginning to end of stay. we have stayed here many times for college softball tournaments, this was our first stay since they updated this facility we were impressed. very easy to find and lots of eating establishments close by.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Sandy L,

Thank you for taking time to write your review.
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and it's great to know you're such a loyal customer. We always love our return guests! I can't wait for Softball to start uo again!
Go Gators!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Wonderful staff, very clean rooms and a great breakfast. They go over and above the call of duty to make sure you feel at home. Kudos to the manager - she has put together a great team. You can tell they all enjoy working there.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Greg B
HamptonFL32608, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Greg B,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit!

I appreciate you recognizing the hard work by the entire staff! We all work very hard to make our guests happy and I'm happy to know it is working! I will certainly pass your comments on to the staff, as they are uplifting and lets us know we are doing the right thing!

Once again, thank you for such a wonderful review!

Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

We walked in without a reservation late last night and got a good last minute rate. The place was quiet and very clean. I'm a bit of a detail-oriented germaphobe, so I can be pretty critical when it comes to the cleanliness of a place. I'd definitely stay there again.

We didn't check out any of the amenities because we were just passing through, but the room was lovely. The only thing that drops this down isn't a flaw of the location, but the corporate-designed breakfast. Same exact breakfast as at the other Hampton Inns, which is fine but not really to my taste. That said, we didn't go there for the breakfast, but for a clean and quiet room. That was delivered!

Stayed: November 2013

Dear vaptek,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit in Gainesville.
I'm glad we were able to hold up to your standards of cleanliness. That is a top priority of our and take pride in a job well done! Thank you for recognizing the hard work of my housekeepers. I will be sure to pass this on to them.

I'm sorry you did not enjoy our breakfast. You are right, it is a corporate-designed breakfast. We do not usually get negative comments about our breakfast, but I understand if it is just not right for you. Hopefully that will not deter you from staying with us in the future, or any Hampton Inn for that matter.

I look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 17 November 2013

I travel quite a lot, and this Hampton is really clean, quiet, and a good value. Food is hot, room is clean, parking is well-lit, staff is helpful and accomodating. Every time I am in Gainesville, I make it a point to stay here.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Bobbi Jo J,

Thank you for taking time to write your review. We always appreciate feedback.
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we were able to accommodate your needs.
Also, thank you for being a faithful guest to our property!
I look forward to seeing you next time!

Reviewed 2 November 2013

I cannot in good faith recommend this facility to anyone. It was our worst Hampton experience in almost every respect. The room was very dated, dirty, and extremely noisy. The space dedicated for the complimentary breakfast was so limited and the tour bus crowd so great that we couldn't get near the food let alone a seat...just a very poor experience all around.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thomas W
HamptonFL32608, General Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

As always we thank you for sharing your comments regarding our hotel. Our hotel just completed a renovation that overall our guests have enjoyed and spoken positively about as evident by the comments posted below. We are proud of our new look and contemporaryy chic lobby/breakfast area.
It is unfortunate that a large group of guests chose the same breakfast time that you did thus causing a packed seating environment, but we can not control when guests choose to dine.
Gainesville was a fun filled town that weekend with several events going on which made the area a very popular place to be.
I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay like so many of our other guests, but I do value your opinion and thank you for taking the time to post your comments.