“Good Price .....Old bathtubs”

Hampton Inn Gainesville
Ranked #8 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Chicago, Illinois
“Good Price .....Old bathtubs”
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice place. The only odd thing that I noticed is that the air smelled of smoke. I am not sure whether some of the rooms are allowed to have smoking. If this is the case then I highly recommend that this be changed because that is disgusting! This place has been remodeled. All of the furnishings are very nice. The decor is quite tasteful. Unfortunately, the old bathtubs were not removed and replaced. The popcorn ceiling leaves a lot to be desired. Overall, it seems to be a decent place in a good location. There are many popular restaurants around and very conveniently located to the University. I must say that the pillows were very nice!

Stayed December 2013
HamptonFL32608, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Dear ialwaysloveflorida,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
I'm sorry you smelled smoke in the air. We have only 3 smoking rooms on property and that's on our first floor which is also exterior entrance. That way, the smoke will not affect the rest of the property.
Thank you for appreciating our renovations and decor. We worked hard through the remodel and always love to hear how much our guests like it.

I hope you stay with us next time you're in town.

Safe travels,

Ryan Tate

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Benton Harbor, Michigan
Reviewed 18 December 2013

A nice place and a friendly staff...A decent free breakfast with very good coffee. A very good location close to anything you may need The best part was when we came outside in the morning it was near 60!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear jship1,

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us in the Sunshine State! Warm weather here is a must!
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit. I'm glad we were able to accommodate you during your travels. I hope you keep us in mind during your future travels!

Valrico, United States
Reviewed 12 December 2013

If you happen to be in Gainesville on the business or leisure trip, this is a great place to stay. Close to everything and very nice accommodation. Rooms are clean, breakfast varieties are excellent and stuff very friendly.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Dradan M,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit. It's great to know you enjoyed your stay so much that you recommend us to your fellow travelers! I'm glad you enjoyed breakfast. The staff works very hard preparing breakfast for our guests!

Once again, thank you for your visit. I hope to see you in the future!

mims, United States
Reviewed 11 December 2013

very impressive update/remodel. friendly welcome from beginning to end of stay. we have stayed here many times for college softball tournaments, this was our first stay since they updated this facility we were impressed. very easy to find and lots of eating establishments close by.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Sandy L,

Thank you for taking time to write your review.
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and it's great to know you're such a loyal customer. We always love our return guests! I can't wait for Softball to start uo again!
Go Gators!

Jacksonville, United States
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Wonderful staff, very clean rooms and a great breakfast. They go over and above the call of duty to make sure you feel at home. Kudos to the manager - she has put together a great team. You can tell they all enjoy working there.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Greg B
HamptonFL32608, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Greg B,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit!

I appreciate you recognizing the hard work by the entire staff! We all work very hard to make our guests happy and I'm happy to know it is working! I will certainly pass your comments on to the staff, as they are uplifting and lets us know we are doing the right thing!

Once again, thank you for such a wonderful review!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

We walked in without a reservation late last night and got a good last minute rate. The place was quiet and very clean. I'm a bit of a detail-oriented germaphobe, so I can be pretty critical when it comes to the cleanliness of a place. I'd definitely stay there again.

We didn't check out any of the amenities because we were just passing through, but the room was lovely. The only thing that drops this down isn't a flaw of the location, but the corporate-designed breakfast. Same exact breakfast as at the other Hampton Inns, which is fine but not really to my taste. That said, we didn't go there for the breakfast, but for a clean and quiet room. That was delivered!

Stayed November 2013
Dear vaptek,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit in Gainesville.
I'm glad we were able to hold up to your standards of cleanliness. That is a top priority of our and take pride in a job well done! Thank you for recognizing the hard work of my housekeepers. I will be sure to pass this on to them.

I'm sorry you did not enjoy our breakfast. You are right, it is a corporate-designed breakfast. We do not usually get negative comments about our breakfast, but I understand if it is just not right for you. Hopefully that will not deter you from staying with us in the future, or any Hampton Inn for that matter.

I look forward to your next visit!

Florida, United States
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I travel quite a lot, and this Hampton is really clean, quiet, and a good value. Food is hot, room is clean, parking is well-lit, staff is helpful and accomodating. Every time I am in Gainesville, I make it a point to stay here.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Bobbi Jo J,

Thank you for taking time to write your review. We always appreciate feedback.
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we were able to accommodate your needs.
Also, thank you for being a faithful guest to our property!
I look forward to seeing you next time!