We just stayed twice at the Baymont - we love it for its convenience and of course, the price. We visited the one kid at UF, dropping off another in Atlanta for a summer program, and then we were driving to Gatlinburg. Needless to say, it was hectic. Baymont was good and steady.
We first stayed in room 228. Prior to going to sleep, I thought this was great because of the two windows. The room was relatively newly renovated and located between the front and the back (in the hallway). So what was the problem? As with any hall area, the area was well lighted to protect hotel guests. Too well lighted, so that the lights came into the windows, giving no area to escape the glare. I can understand the lighting to protect guests in what could be a dangerous blind spot, but I hope they shield the lighting to keep it in the hallway and not the room.
The only other disappointment was that my son loves their biscuit and gravy, which was not served in the week-days. Otherwise, breakfast was scrumptious both visits (better the second visit since it was corn beef hash day which I love). The second visit we stayed in room 140. I thought it was going to be pet friendly, but those are a few doors down. Nonetheless, it was very comfortable and again, the Interstate has never been a noise problem (go camping a few days beforehand and you can sleep through almost anything). There was thunder, and I heard that loud and clear, so no problem with hearing sounds.
Finally, on both days, and at different times, there was the signature hot chocolate chip cookies. I really find this place gets better and better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Fairfield Inn by Marriott Gainesville Fl is under renovation from September 19, 2008 through November 30, 2008. The hotel's interior and exterior will be painted and brightened. Details of the reinvestment include the following: 32" LCD Televisions, Micro-fridge units (Executive Level Rooms, Energy-saving Heating and Air Conditioning Units). Exterior improvements include: ADA Hydro lift in pool area, Upgraded landscaping, and Fresh paint. Public space and building interior upgrades include: Auto Sliding Entrance Doors, Upgraded fitness equipment, Fresh paint. Additionally, eco-friendly materials and energy saving appliances will be heavily utilized during the property improvement. Recently enrolled in Florida's Green Lodging Program the Fairfield Inn promptly implemented a re-use and recycle program. The hotel will remain open during the improvements and guests will still experience the service and hospitality they have come to expect from Fairfield Inn by Marriott. The renovations are expected to be completed by November 2008. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites Gainesville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn By Marriott, Gainesville Hotel Gainesville
- Fairfield Inn Gainesville
- Fairfield Gainesville
- Gainesville Fairfield Inn
- Baymont Inn & Suites Gainesville Florida