“Great Experience”

Baymont Inn & Suites Gainesville
Ranked #21 of 45 Hotels in Gainesville

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Turkish first
Gainesville, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

The room I was given was, at first glance, just fine. It was small but clean. Quickly after walking in, though, I noticed the dehumidifier. I'd never seen a dehumidifier in a hotel room before! It showed that the humidity in the room was at 80+%, which seemed really high. I have problems breathing well in really humid air, so I ran the dehumidifier until the humidity went down enough. While the machine was on, it was too loud for me to watch (and hear) the TV. As soon as I turned the machine off (and emptied out a ton of water!), the humidity started climbing again.

Sleep was nearly impossible. Either I couldn't breathe well (but didn't have both the A/C and dehumidifier making loud noises) or I could breathe but the noise from the dehumidifier was deafening and sleep-inhibiting. I ended up getting out of bed 2 hours earlier than planned, because I wasn't sleeping.

I will not be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Uresh D, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Gainesville, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Sorry for the trouble, On next visit please ask for upgrade to interior room on third floor. Our de humidifier will be out of all rooms as well.
Travelguru
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel as a stopping point on our way to our beach vacation. I picked this hotel because of the reviews online and the price. We had a king room on the first floor interstate side. I was a little worried about the road noise because of reviews I read. I asked for a room away from interstate but since they were full that night they were unable to move me. When we got in the room it was clean but smelled very musty. The air was set at 78 and there was a dehumidifier but it was not running. It was so humid in there that it was no wonder there wasn't mold growing. We turned on the dehumidifier and air conditioner and went out to dinner. When we got back, the room was much less humid but still smelled quite dank. Overall the room was clean. Our shower was cracked which made it appear dirty at first sight. Bed was clean and comfortable. As for the noise, we really didn't hear it between the air conditioner and dehumidifier running. We ate their free breakfast, which had a pretty good selection. There were eggs, cereal, French toast, waffles, biscuits and gravy, grits, fruit, toast, bagels, pastries, juice, and coffee. We were unable to identify one pan of pink glop that looked pretty nasty. Maybe some type of labels would be helpful. Because they were full the breakfast area was totally full and was a bit difficult to maneuver around and find a seat. All in all it was a good stay, easy to find, clean, and a good price so I would probably stay again if I needed another overnight stop, but probably no more than one night.

Stayed July 2014
Thanks for your stay. we have tried to set our a/c at 75 to conserve energy as many hours of the day the room stays empty between check in and check out. Breakfast corned beef is a favorite to our daily stay over guests.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

After reserving rooms with two beds online, we were told upon arrival that we had rooms with only one bed and it would cost an additional 10 dollars per night per room for two beds. Shortly after entering our room, a hotel employee barged into our room without knocking while my sister was napping. My room had ants. In the morning, house keeping took our used towels and left no clean ones. When we asked at the desk for clean towels, we were told there were no towels available! I asked if there were any empty rooms from which we could take towels. The lady behind the desk told me the hotel was sold out. She lied to my face. When we spoke with the manager later, he admitted to me that there were 20 empty rooms on property. He said he did not want to take towels from those rooms because they would have to be marked out of order. He did not seem concerned that our room was out of order. We eventually were given towels and management seemed to think that made the whole ordeal ok. This morning the breakfast area ran out of every type of juice. Terrible product, terrible service. I highly recommend you avoid this property!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Bobby F
Our staff try to provide best possible service. There are times they have their limit, It does not make them wrong or right. Your room concern was correct and we are working with expedia and hotels.com to fix it. On their web site it clearly speak about King room only. In their reporting it shows King room only, but in request area it says one king and double, and non-smoking I requested front desk to reverse extra charges for same reason. We apologies for wrong entry by housekeeping person, We have address this issue with our staff. Thanks for staying with us.

Travellers are raving about these Gainesville hotels

BONITA SPRINGS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We just stayed twice at the Baymont - we love it for its convenience and of course, the price. We visited the one kid at UF, dropping off another in Atlanta for a summer program, and then we were driving to Gatlinburg. Needless to say, it was hectic. Baymont was good and steady.

We first stayed in room 228. Prior to going to sleep, I thought this was great because of the two windows. The room was relatively newly renovated and located between the front and the back (in the hallway). So what was the problem? As with any hall area, the area was well lighted to protect hotel guests. Too well lighted, so that the lights came into the windows, giving no area to escape the glare. I can understand the lighting to protect guests in what could be a dangerous blind spot, but I hope they shield the lighting to keep it in the hallway and not the room.

The only other disappointment was that my son loves their biscuit and gravy, which was not served in the week-days. Otherwise, breakfast was scrumptious both visits (better the second visit since it was corn beef hash day which I love). The second visit we stayed in room 140. I thought it was going to be pet friendly, but those are a few doors down. Nonetheless, it was very comfortable and again, the Interstate has never been a noise problem (go camping a few days beforehand and you can sleep through almost anything). There was thunder, and I heard that loud and clear, so no problem with hearing sounds.

Finally, on both days, and at different times, there was the signature hot chocolate chip cookies. I really find this place gets better and better.

Room Tip: Avoid 228. I do not like their elevator (too warm), so I would suggest the first floor if available.