“Decent for overnight stay”

La Quinta Inn Gainesville
Ranked #17 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed 18 April 2011

We were visiting our son in Gainesville and needed something close by to where he lives. Our room was ok for the 2 nights we needed. Nothing fancy, no views, etc. ok pool, nice enough breakfast in the lobby but only from 6-9AM so get there early. Free HBO, free parking, friendly staff. I would like to thank "Jack" for printing out our boarding passes since they do not have a business center to do that.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Bunky13

Reviewed 16 April 2011

First of all, the photos are very deceiving. It appears that it is an interior hotel, but it is not. All rooms are accessed from the outside, like a motel. When I checked in, I gave them a coupon which gave me 20.00 off & I feel like he put me in an old room that hadn't been cleaned for that reason.
The room was musty, there were long black hairs on the sheets & blankets. Black hair & pubic hair all over the bathroom floor.I put towels down on the floor, so as to not dare touch the nasty floor. When I told the front desk about it, they just apologized but didn't offer to compensate me in any way.
This is the worst hotel/motel I have ever stayed in. I am not a "picky" person, I just expect cleanliness! The exterior of building is old & dirty,

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank baygirl143
Reviewed 25 March 2011

Booked a room at this hotel from Priceline, and was a bit leary after reading the reviews here on trip advisor. Upon arriving at the hotel, I wasn't impressed by the looks of the outside.The lobby was clean, but you could tell it was an older hotel. I asked the clerk what type of room we got, and she advised it was a room with 2 doubles. I asked if we could have a king room as it was mine & hubbys anniversary, and to make a long story short, she said I would need to cancel my reservation with priceline and pay LaQuinta directly. So, lesson here, Priceline customers are NOT treated equally.

As far as the room, you could tell that it had recently undergone a facelift. The carpet, mattresses, bedding, and furniture appeared to be nearly new, however the television was a large older model with a terrible picture. The bathroom area was still quite dated, and the toilet rocked as if not secure to the floor. The towels were hard & small in size. The ice bucket & tray were plastic and the tray was dirty. There is free wired internet in the rooms, and a pool. The free breakfast was available from 6am - 9am, which I found quite inconvenient, after all I was on vacation and enjoy sleeping in a little. WShen we went to check out, we found that you could not do so using the service menu on the television, but rather had to return the keys to the lobby. After we got all packed and ready to go ( it was 10:30) we went to get on the elevator and the door wouldn't close. Come to find out, the maintenance people were cleaning out the shaft, so my hubby had to carry our huge heavy suitcase down the stairs....thank goodness we were not elderly, and why would they be doing that in the middle of the check out time anyhow?

Overall, a very average, disappointing stay. I will definitely spend a little more next time and stay at a better quality place.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GatorfansinGA
Reviewed 5 March 2011

Please be aware this hotel is great for pet owners, it is a 100% pet hotel rooms as per front desk, and I am happy they have a hotel for their pets to be with them.. As for me it was a nightmare, the rooms ( had be be changed to another room) smelled like pets also , Dog stains on floor , pet urine smell in carpet and in AC unit , turning on AC only expanded the smell.. Bathroom floors were not cleaned, tubs were old and stained. Thanks to FABREEZE from the drug store close by .The 2nd and third floor rooms are difficult to reach with stairways , ramps and elevators. Breakfast is fair, waffles,saugage gravey, toast.. fruit was rarely replaced...If you have pets this hotel is for you, Sorry Never again for me!

• Stayed: February 2011
2  Thank tinkerman33
Reviewed 4 February 2011

I stayed here 4 nights while my mom was in the hospital, they offered what they call a hospital rate which I found very reasonable. I was on the 4th floor so the room was very quiet and the room itself and the bathroom was very clean. The outside of the building could use some sprucing up but it did not affect the quality of my stay. The continental breakfast had a better selection than most places that offer one. I wasn't there for any bells and whistles, I just wanted clean and reasonable and this hotel offered both. The staff was very accomodating and caring. The clerk knew when I needed 2 more nights at the hotel that my mom wasn't doing too well, she was very caring and understanding, it was nice that a total stranger was so caring. I had read some negative reviews about the hotel but I did not encounter any problems. I guess we all have different expectations, I never expect to be waited on hand and foot. Again it was clean, quiet and reasonable.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank jmnteddyLakeCity_FL
Reviewed 30 January 2011

I was quiet,clean and location was great. I will go back again.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Blue
Reviewed 17 November 2010

My husband and I frequently stay at this hotel when competing in a local horse show. It is conveniently located, clean, and pet friendly.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple