After a rough start, given a top floor room did it.
Clean, nice staff, good place for pets.
There is a small pond/grassy area, across the street where you can walk your best friend.
Good size swimming pool, bring your suit.
Location is great, close to 175, hidden behind a road across from the Main Oak Mall and Perkins. A challenge to walk due to traffic but possible.
There's a fancy chinese restaurant across the street, many more down the main drag, very close.
Just know that during Univ of Florida Game day, it will get jammed nearby. However, you have options to go around, keep your GPS handy and you will be ok.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The La Quinta Inn Gainesville hotel is near the University of Florida, North Florida Regional Medical Center, Shands Hospital and the Oaks Mall. Our Gainesville hotel is next to Red Lobster with easy access from I-75 (exit 387). Our La Quinta Inn is just minutes from the O'Connell Center and the Phillips Center for Performing Arts at the University of Florida, and close to all major attractions. From our Gainesville hotel, visit the Butterfly Rainforest at the Museum of Natural History, the Harn Museum of Art, and the Kanapaha Botanical Gardens. You will enjoy the spacious and comfortable rooms at the La Quinta Inn Gainesville, equipped with a coffee maker, hair dryer, iron and ironing board. Breath easy by staying in one of our non-smoking king rooms. Enjoy a Free Bright Side Breakfast? prepared every morning in the lobby by our friendly hotel staff. For the business traveler, our hotel offers high-speed Internet access. Watch a college game at the University of Florida or have an evening of entertainment at the Hippodrome State Theatre, the Gainesville Community Play House or Coconut Comedy Club. Discover Payne's Prairie State Preserve or spend the day on the water at Ginnie Springs. Golf nearby Ironwood and Meadowbrook courses. We are surrounded by great shopping opportunities at Oaks Mall and plenty of restaurants for every taste. Relax after a day of working hard or playing hard in our heated swimming pool sits in a private courtyard surrounded by a sprawling sundeck. Blow off steam, as our guest, in a local fitness center. Unwind with your favorite movie on our Samsung Flat-panel TVs with 30 channels of HD and premium cable channels. Easy-access plug-and-play TV feature makes it simple to connect your electronics. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LaQuinta, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your La Quinta Inn Gainesville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Gainesville Hotel Gainesville
- Gainesville La Quinta
- La Quinta Inn Gainesville Florida