“Nice place to stop on the road.”

Super 8 Gainesville
Ranked #22 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stopped here about 10:15pm while moving furniture from Florida to Chicago. Wanted to make sure I was credited with my reward points, but the night clerk said I had to have my number or he couldn't do that. He said he couldn't look it up, so I had to go to the lobby computer and look it up myself. Then I handed him the paper with the number, and when he checked us in, I said, you have the number in there? And he says no, I don't have the number. Guess he forgot I handed it to him 1 minute earlier. But he got us checked in, and the room was nice, clean, comfy, and breakfast was typical, make your own waffles, cereal, juice, cinnamon rolls. Would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
super8gainesville, Manager at Super 8 Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Your feedback is noted and greatly appreciated. We hope that you decide to stay with us again soon.

Sincerely, Super 8 of Gainesville, Florida.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I was in a pinch and on the lookout for a cost effective place to stay the night before a weekend trip to St. Augustine, and Super 8 delivered. The staff was very welcoming and the room was clean. The continental breakfast was too my satisfaction and the front desk attendant was kind enough to put on the Olympic hockey game for me. I would most certainly recommend this hotel and may be back again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

We are happy to know that you were pleased with your stay as well as our customer service. Your feedback is always appreciated. Please come and see us again soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Very clean hotel with like-new rooms, and surprisingly quiet considering its proximity to I 75. Friendly service and yummy breakfast bar is included. Location is convenient to the Florida University hospital and Shands.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank honeycu

We are very pleased to understand that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Gainesville Super 8. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

The room was clean, quiet, comfortable and reasonably priced, and I appreciated the interior corridor entry. Only thing missing was a small refrigerator, but that wasn't a major issue. Booking online worked well.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
super8gainesville, Manager at Super 8 Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your room. If you need a refrigerator next time, just ask the front desk staff or be sure to find that option if booking online because not all of our rooms have refrigerators and microwaves. Thank you for your feedback, please come and stay with us again.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Recently stayed two nights as I was in the area for business. The check in went fine and the room was clean. The breakfast is limited and very small seating area. IF you want more for breakfast there is a Waffle House within walking distance. There is plenty of shopping and restaurants within a short drive from this hotel. I did not like that you have to park in a dark lot and walk around to the front if you come in late night. The people who work there are nice and helpful. This is a fine place to stay of all you are looking for is a place to sleep and keep your belongings. I wold stay here again if I find myself in Gainseville again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay as well as the hospitality of our staff. We appreciate the feedback. Please come and stay with us again if you are ever in the area.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I must admit that I was nervous about staying at a Super 8 but was pleasantly surprised. The clerk was very nice when I checked in. Room was larger than I expected. Nice and quiet. Would stay again.
Two comments though, one) there really isn't a good spot to park your car and come in to register. The clerk told me there some spots on the right side of the building but one of those was a handicapped spot and the other two already had cars parked in them, so I just parked on the other side of the building and walked over and two) I had asked for a wakeup call at 6 but I had awaken myself earlier, when I went by the desk for breakfast and asked about the call the clerk replied it was just about to go off, well it was past 6 so I'm glad I got myself up.
Anyway was pleased staying here and will come back again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
super8gainesville, Manager at Super 8 Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay. We are sorry about the wakeup call confusion. We hope to see you again in the future whenever you are in this part of town and need a place to stay. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The non-smoking rooms were next door to the smoking and the halls as well as our room stunk. Our bathroom had a wet towel hanging over the tub and only 1 clean towel available. Very disappointed. The breakfast however was decent but very limited seating. Also you had to park around the side and walk all the way to the front to get inside where the rooms were. Two people were sleeping on the sidewalk also.

• Stayed: June 2014

We are displeased to hear that your stay was not satisfactory. We are shocked to know that you had used towels in your room as well as the fact that people were sleeping on the sidewalk. We will do our best to accommodate you in the future if you give us a second chance. We appreciate the feedback regardless.