We found this hotel to be a pleasant surprise considering so many mediocre reviews. The rooms were large, the beds comfortable, the bathrooms updated and clean as a whistle and the wireless internet worked flawlessly. OK, so no flat screen TV, mini fridge or complimentary breakfast, but otherwise this hotel was everything you could need at a great location for walking to the university and downtown restaurants and shops.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn University Center is surrounded on all sides by the University of Florida, local shops & boutiques, restaurants, in 'the Heart of Gainesville.' This 6 story 'almost on campus' city landmark offers a roof-top swimming pool surrounded by 14,000 sq. Ft. Of 'sunning' space. The fitness room is located adjacent to the pool on the third floor. Complimentary transportation is provided to the airport and local hospitals daily from 7am-11pm. Free High-speed Wireless Internet service, In-room movies, are available in all rooms. The hotel offers an open and spacious lobby with open business center. The hotel has also recently completed the Holiday Inn Relaunch and features luxury linens, fresh pillow selection, and new signage. Piesanos, an exciting new Italian themed restaurant, is open 7 days a week serving lunch and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Gainesville University Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Gainesville University Hotel Gainesville
- Gainesville Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Gainesville University Center Florida