“Nice dinner”

Ranked #4 of 568 Restaurants in Gainesville
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fincastle
“Nice dinner”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

A friend and I went here on Thursday night before Memorial Day. We did not have a reservation, but they seated us right away. This place is charming...as in, tiny, but very nice atmosphere. Extensive wine list, most were on the expensive side, but we got a nice bottle for about $50. We had snails in garlic which were good. Not chewy, lots of butter and garlic. We shared a salad which we'd asked for the gorgonzola to be switched to goat cheese, which they did. We also shared a big plate of penne with mushroom cream sauce, yummy and a plate of grilled veggies. Manuel came by our table to see how everything was and was very nice. Would recommend this restaurant. No outdoor seating that I saw.

• Visited May 2014

Florida
“wonderful!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Such a delight to eat at Manuel's Vintage Room. Cozy atmosphere, great food, wine and service. Manual is attentive and pays attention to the little details. Perfect place for a romantic meal with someone special or a great place to gather with good friends that enjoy great food.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank SusanF5050
Gainesville, Florida
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Delicious food, good service, very reasonable prices. I am sure we'll be visiting again soon and often.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Nicholas_ts
Gainesville, Florida
“Delicious food, beautiful dining experience”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Don't be in a rush when you go to Manuel's, but be ready for a lovely evening with truly quality food. I live downtown and had never been to Manuel's until this trip. It was a spur-of-the-moment choice ... one in which I realized I may be missing out on one of Gainesville's best restaurants and that I must remedy that situation. I called for a reservation about 1.5 hours before I went, and they were very willing to accommodate the table for two. I didn't realize the meal would take so long, so be forewarned .... you don't want to eat here if you're in a time crunch for a Hippodrome show or anything. But, other than the length of the 2-hour meal, the experience was on well worth repeating. The food was sublime. Every bit of it from appetizer to dessert was well crafted and beautifully presented. The owner himself even checked on us during the meal. I was very pleased, and I would absolutely go back for a special occasion. It took longer than I would have time for on a normal night, but I would gladly set aside time now, knowing that I will be absolutely impressed by what I will get.

Thanks, Manuel's!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank BadLlama17
“Fantastic Italian Fare”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

From the moment you walk through the doors of this small and intimate restaurant the attentive staff sees to your every need. The very fine gentleman owner Manuel is ever present in the background to ensure that everything is just perfect for his customers. The appetizers were wonderful. We had the Tuscan salad which was very tasty. The goat cheese as well as the portobella mushroom flatbreads were great. My filet cooked in Barolo wine reduction sauce was prepared perfectly and very tender. An expensive cut of meat you could tell. My wife's salmon dish was soooo good. And I don't like salmon. My son gobbled up the gnocchi and said it was wonderful. My daughter had the shrimp in pasta special which she enjoyed. Her boyfriend had the veal porcini and by the looks of his empty plate it was delicious.

1 Thank Stelly3665