“Another Great Tour”
Review of American Airboat Tours - CLOSED

American Airboat Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer the only USCG certified Airboat ride in Southwest Florida. Traveling through the Ten Thousand Islands to the Everglades, we take you on an airboat adventure like no other.
Tampa, Florida
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Another Great Tour”
Reviewed 9 June 2012 via mobile

We rode with American Airboat Tours back in January 2012, and I wanted to bring my parents back this summer to experience it. We had another great tour. The boats are bjg, stable, and well-maintained. The captains are experienced professionals that can add a personal touch to each tour. This is a ride around Florida's back-waters that you can't get outside an air boat. I'm a professional fishing guide Florida, and I can honestly say that these guys will provide an experience you won't forget. I spend a lot of time on the water, and I can't wait to do the air boat tour again. If you're in Naples or Marco Island, I highly recommend spending a couple hours with these guys. You won't regret it.

1 Thank ifindsnook

Arden Hills, Minnesota, United States
“Captain Jerome”
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I just wanted to say the tour was the best i ever been on. And i have never in my life seen a better Captain....That is Captain Jerome,an old Florida boy that really knows the glades and the backwaters...Totally Ausome man and tour...Out of 5 i give it a 10..A must do when in Florida..... David Husnik Saint Paul,Minn

Visited January 2012
Tampa, Florida
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Great Glimpse of Florida Backwater”
Reviewed 2 January 2012

We recently went on an airboat tour with American Airboat Tours in Goodland, FL. That's near Marco Island, just south of Naples. The 1 1/2 trip is $45 for adults. It's very much worth it if you've never been on an airboat, and if you've never seen the Florida backwater landscape up close. I'm a fishing charter captain on the west coast of Florida, and I was impressed by the professionalism and personality of these folks. The tour with give you a look at several ecosystems and, in many cases (as we did) you will get to see dolphins. If you're in this area and looking for a way to spend a couple hours, I would recommend this trip.

Visited January 2012
2 Thank ifindsnook
New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Fun and informative”
Reviewed 30 November 2011

Really cool attraction with knowledgable captains. Learned alot about the 10,000 islands off of Florida and the wildlife that lives out there. They mixed fun with education, my 10 year old son loved that. The captain pulled a few 360's wich was great fun! The captain also was featured in the documentary square grouper. Would absolutely do again, maybe next time we will see a dolphin or two!

Visited November 2011
2 Thank rcp27
Kinnelon, New Jersey
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great for all ages”
Reviewed 12 November 2011

From our 2 year old, to our teen, and ourselves loved this one hour experience. The 10,000 islands are beautiful, the birds fantastic. Our captain did a few 360's with our airboat that was exhilerating. Pair the trip with a meal at the Old Marco in if you can. They are licensed captains and coast guard inspected.