“Educational and fun!”
Review of American Airboat Tours - CLOSED

American Airboat Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer the only USCG certified Airboat ride in Southwest Florida. Traveling through the Ten Thousand Islands to the Everglades, we take you on an airboat adventure like no other.
Bradenton FL
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Educational and fun!”
Reviewed 21 January 2013

I was in town researching an article I'm writing for Pilot Getaways magazine. I tried out American Airboat tours to see if it was worthwhile to mention in the article's "what to do" section. It certainly is! Capt. Andrew and first mate Debby provided us with a really interesting trip. The narrative was extremely well done. Living in Florida, I thought I knew quite a bit about the everglades, mangroves, etc. But, Andrew shared some great insight that I had not heard before.
The boat ride is really comfortable. If you are a "thrill seeker" go out when the tide is really low. The boat can operate on as little as 2 inches of water and that's when it goes its fastest.
Thanks for a nice tour!

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Patricia S

Apple Valley, Minnesota
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Informative and fun”
Reviewed 27 December 2012

The tour got off to a slow start as the first stop was by the bridge connecting Goodland to Marco Island. While the history was mildly interesting, it didn't warrant the time devoted to it and we could tell our grandkids (8 and 12), were quite bored by it. However, once we left the bridge, it got much better. We got up close to a nesting osprey, which was fascinating, and then got going fairly fast between the mangroves. The kids really enjoyed that, especially when we did a few 360s. We learned the history of smuggling thru the 10,000 islands, from the Prohibition Era, and more recent drug smuggling. On the way back, the kids got to steer the boat, including 360s and that was the highlight for them. Te tour is a bit pricey but everyone in our party enjoyed it.

Food is available at Stan's, right next to the dock and you'll get a 10% discount for taking the airboat tour.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank fobisque
Wesley Chapel, Florida, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Not what we expected by far”
Reviewed 15 December 2012

I was a little skeptical about going as I really wasn't up to becoming lunch for a bunch of alligators. But they assured me there would be no alligators....whew!!! We were told by the woman in the ticket booth, we would see manatees, dolphins, turtles, birds, snakes etc. With much relief my husband and I boarded at their $96 ticket price for the two of us for a 60-80 minute tour. Well, when it was all said and done, we had a great history lesson of the area. We were glad the crew knew where they were going cause it would be very easy to get lost out there as it all looks the same. But the problem was we ONLY saw about 5 birds on the whole trip and no other wildlife!!!! We just paid $96 to see a few birds, when we could see the same kind of birds while driving down the highway on $3.54/ gallon of gas!!! We felt like it was a real rip off and we won't be back. We were there on 12/10/2012. If this is the off season, we should have been told before we purchased tickets!!!

Visited December 2012
9 Thank ward8184
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Our family of 11 ranging from early teens to 70's took the tour and had a great time! We even had a little added adventure of breaking down in the middle of the 10,000 islands but as the 2 man crew were very knowledgeable about the area and environment this was no biggee and we got an extended tour time!! We were quickly transferred to another boat to continue our trip which was superb. Sadly we didn't see any alligators or dolphins (everglade tours further south for these) but we did see the indigenous pink birds (not flamingos) Roseate Spoonbills, ospreys and pelicans. I also got a chance to pilot the boat which was awesome!! This tour is full of detail and fun and excellent value for money at $46 per head.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Elita69
Tampa, Florida
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Another Great Tour”
Reviewed 9 June 2012 via mobile

We rode with American Airboat Tours back in January 2012, and I wanted to bring my parents back this summer to experience it. We had another great tour. The boats are bjg, stable, and well-maintained. The captains are experienced professionals that can add a personal touch to each tour. This is a ride around Florida's back-waters that you can't get outside an air boat. I'm a professional fishing guide Florida, and I can honestly say that these guys will provide an experience you won't forget. I spend a lot of time on the water, and I can't wait to do the air boat tour again. If you're in Naples or Marco Island, I highly recommend spending a couple hours with these guys. You won't regret it.

1 Thank ifindsnook