“Shell of a trip!”

Reel Kind Fishing and Tours
Ranked #1 of 19 Tours in Goodland
More attraction details
Owner description: Are you looking to have the trip of your life on the water’s of Marco Island, Naples and The Everglades? Did you know our Guides are all retired Florida Wildlife Law Enforcement Officers or Florida Master Natuaralists? Our Captains strive to make every trip the best trip you have ever had. We know the waters like the back of our hands and work hard to make sure you are having the time of your life.
Naples, Florida, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Shell of a trip!”
Reviewed 27 February 2013

This was the BEST shelling trip I have ever had. Captain Jesse was polite, informative and had the best personality. I would definitely recommend this to all and have already told my friends and planned several trips. The shells were fabulous. Although the weather was a little iffy, we still had a great time. Can't wait to go back!! Ginger, Maryann and Gilligan LOVED this trip!!!!

1 Thank Nicol S

Niles, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Best Ever!”
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Michigan family
We had rain issues and this company was great to make special arrangements to call us last minute when the weather broke so we could still go on the excursion. This was the best time ever. Capt. Ed was patient with our kids for the fishing. We all caught fish. The shelling was awesome and we found so many that we had to send them home in the mail. it was a private time without a bunch of other people to distract from our time together. We got caught in the rain on the way back and that was the funnest part that we will always remember. Capt. Ed did a great job. We felt safe and well cared for.

1 Thank MELON70
Mexico, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The whole family caught fish!!! Lots of species, lots of fillets!!!”
Reviewed 13 February 2013

I have fished with 50+ guides over the years and these are now my favorite. I took two sons that rarely get excited by the outdoors (since discovering girls) and my handicapped brother. Our guide baited, put out lines for my brother, and took took care of all the kids needs. Super friendly and intent on keeping us in fish all the time. I quit counting after catching thirty, my brother caught more than anyone, and kids said their arms hurt from pulling in fish. We caught snapper, jacks, whiting, three kinds of trout, sheepshead, sharks, pufferfish...you name it. Going again next week!

Oconomowoc, Wisconsin, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Shelling Extrordinaire”
Reviewed 7 February 2013

We just came back from a stay in Marco Island, visiting our Mom who is staying there this winter. Went on a shelling trip with Captain Jessie on 2/4. Had a great time. First of all Goodland is about a 10 min drive from Marco Beaches. Very easy to find. Goodland is quaint and a fun compliment to Marco. Captain Jessie was waiting for us when we arrived about 10 min before schedule. There was one other couple on the boat along with myself, mom and sister. The ride out to the shelling island is beautiful. Captain Jessie is fun and knowledgeable about all types of nature and ecology in the area. We saw several dolphins. Two of them were rounding up fish for lunch and we watched this briefly. The shell beach is packed with shells and the location of it is visually stunning. This trip took around 2 hours, which was perfect for us.
Give the Captain a nice tip. He stays on the island with you and helps you with your search.
Also, go to the Little Bar for lunch. Best key lime mousse pie....also stone crab claws...yummy.
I have no doubt that fishing or other eco-tours would be time well spent with Jessie and co.
Also, the boat launch had plenty of parking and appeared clean and new with bathrooms available.

3 Thank Julie Q
Naples, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Shelling Trip”
Reviewed 2 February 2013

Purchased this adventure for my family and we all had an excellent experience. Bonnie provided great communication from the start and through to the end.
Capt.Ed met at the dock in Goodland and immediately greeted us. We shelled at one of his favorite islands and found numerours shells, including a few Florida cones, which are amongst my favorites.
On the way back, we had a great experience with a large dolphin who wanted to play and surf. Ed had great skill in managing this animal. It was coming completely out of the water within 10 ft from the boat. Not only shelling was great but this ended with a super experience -a close up dolphin encounter.
Thanks to Capt Jesse and Bonnie, and to our wonderful guide, Capt Ed.

Len