“Worth the small drive!”

Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Re Open October 2017 for our 38th Season! Located right on the water in the quaint fishing village of Goodland, Florida on Marco Island. Little Bar, a local tradition for over 38 years, continues to serve consistently good seafood and steaks in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Varied menu. Fresh Seafood including Grouper, Soft Shell Crab, Steaks, and Prime Rib, luncheon and dinner specialties, as well as traditional waterfront fare, available daily. Open seven days at 11:30, dinner service begins at 5. Attitude Adjustment 3-6 in the full service bar. Eat indoors, on the screened lanai or in the casual, leafy surroundings of the waterside patios. The Best Live Entertainment.
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Just 5 miles from the 'strip' on Marco Island is the quaint island known as Goodland. Goodland has only 300 residents but has 5 restaurants, a lodge and a really unique Post Office (check out the murals). I would never have gone here if I didn't have a cousin who was visiting and recommended meeting at the Little Bar. I am so glad I went.
When you first drive up, it is NOT impressive and looks like a dive. Don't be deceived. This place has lots of history, interesting decorations inside, unique antiques, and a quirky but relaxed atmosphere that is very welcoming. It also has a great canal view. The menu comes on a board that looks to be an antique itself, but this just lets you know that the items have withstood the test of time and are the best they offer. My cousins had been gushing about the broiled scallops so this is what I ordered and was VERY impressed.
Make sure you get the house salad dressing and eat it with the bread. It is a great combination. Also, I loved that they had 14 Hands cabernet. I have only seen this offered at the Melting Pot restaurants so was impressed that this 'dive' had it as well (Tip: You can get a bottle at Winn Dixie for $12.99!). After dinner, we took a golf cart ride (compliments of the cousin, not the restaurant) of the island and was infatuated with this quirky little island.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,155)

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Little Bar was recommended to us by a friend and we are so glad we went. A nice little bar/restaurant that seems to draw in allot of the locals. We went there twice and enjoyed talking to the people that live there. A very friendly place!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We have visited Little Bar several times in the past, and this time we took a guest with us for lunch. . When we parked outside I could see he was wary, and somewhat underwhelmed. . However, once seated outside and shown the menu, not to mention the water view, he relaxed. We all enjoyed our meal and found the portions huge. we could have skipped starters. Guest and I had seafood salads and hubby had liver. which he enjoyed. IMO one of the few places that has good food and wonderful water view.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Delicious food-great staff. Loved every part of the meal. Get the key lime pie for dessert--it's to die for!! Prices very reasonable also. This place is a little gem! Go there.

1  Thank suzalarry
Reviewed 7 June 2014

It sure looks like a quirky dive from the outside, but we had several recommendations and had to try it. It is located in a quiet fishing village on a little river. My best advice is to leave room for their light and airy Key Lime pie like a slice of heaven. I think my scallop selection was the best, very tender and moist. Ask for seconds on their delicious bread.