“Nothing Special”

Ronnie's Wings Oysters & More
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood
Reviewed 11 May 2013

There are 2 locations, Green Cove Springs: the best thing about it is the location, it's a short walk to a park with a local spring that dates back to long ago, and the river is right there too. The oysters are good according to my hubbie, (I don't eat them.) The conch fritters are very tasty too., and the wings are very good. I had catfish that must have been locally caught because they tasted like river bottom....oh well at least they were not farm raised which are all dangerous as far as I'm concerned. The mahi sandwich was good. The waitress shared a bit too much of her (sad) personal life...who wants to hear about other people's problems while trying to relax over lunch? ANYWAY, we liked the Green Cove Springs location more than the Orange Park location we went to on 5/10/13. This place lacked the "charm" of the other place...the scallops were suspiciously un-scallop like and I was not sure what kind of seafood they were made of. If they were scallops they had no flavor and the breading had a burnt flavor. However the conch fritters and the clams on the half shell were really good, and the mahi once again pleased the hubbie. There seemed to be a steady stream of local clientele that must like the place, you have to want cold beer and wings or raw shellfish to really want to go here. Otherwise you will not be thrilled with the rest of the limited menu. If your expectations are low they will be met!

Reviewed 22 March 2013

This is a local bar/restaurant that serves typical bar food. A lot of fried appetizers, reasonable prices.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

The place was filthy,the staff very nasty and it smelled like mold. We just wanted a lite bite to eat,and we walked in and all the tables were dirty. The first impression was an old dirty restaurant that needed some management around. We were told to sit wherever and there was nowhere to sit because all the tables were dirty. The server had a real attitude when she realized she had to clean a table off for us, so we just shook our heads and left. Will NEVER go back there again!!

3  Thank hollyreitnauer
Reviewed 10 February 2013 via mobile

I came here for lunch on a weekday. Although the restaurant was virtually empty, we waited at least 3-5 minutes to be seated. When we were finally shown our table it was FILTHY. It had a piece of glass over the table and 100s of business cards were shoved underneath. Also under the glass were crumbs and rotting food. I wanted to leave immediately, but my friend was hungry and tired and begged me to stay. The service never improved; the waitress never refilled my drink once but she did stop and chat-up her regulars the whole time. I ordered a burger and fries. The burger was bland and not cooked to order and the fries were limp and soggy. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.

5  Thank Llinnane
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Delicious fried pickles! P.D. had the steamed oysters and they were awesome. Nobody in our party could finish our meal. They give you plenty. You must ry the french fries, best I've ever had!