“Upscale eatery in a trendy setting”
Review of The Brickyard - CLOSED

The Brickyard
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Great place to meet friends for lunch, or for a date before seeing a show downtown. It has an open feel, trendy in design, and welcoming. The food is fresh, with unique flavors , put together by an amazing chef, for pleasant twists on many favorites. Among mine...fish tacos , wonderful, and love their fresh salads.

There is a bar, and in the evenings it's a fun gathering place for locals and others seeking a more upscale, yet casual feel.
Always enjoy eating here.

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

This bbq restaurant serves the best wings anywhere. We usually always order the bbq but I decided to try them. Now it's tough to make a choice with everything on the menu sooo tasty.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This place is in the historical section of Green Cove Springs on the main street. It seems at first glance to be a biker style, hole-in-the-wall; but, a second glance proves that it's worth that timid first step through the door. You'll notice the big, brick wall, the cozy, pull up a chair bar, and you'll get that first whiff of barbeque smoke. Not that the place is smoky, just that you can smell real barbeque. We were greeted by Melissa, the bartender, who also doubled as our server and immediately felt comfortable. She went over some of the selections with us and we decided to share a platter which included pulled pork, brisket, and sausage. I've had really good barbeque which included these same choices in a restaurant in Austin, Texas--a city that knows great barbeque. Although this wasn't on par with Austin, it was definitely Texas style barbeque and better than almost any other barbeque I've had, including the chain gangs, those big names who claim to have the best. The menu isn't huge but there are some other great choices including wings, sandwiches, and appetizers. The bar area is right in the immediate dining area, so it may not be a great place for families, but for adults it has a lot to offer. The décor is interesting and the front corner provides the setting for live music on the weekends I believe. There are also a couple of café style tables outside for sidewalk dining. Since we do ride, we can't wait for nice weather to ride over on the bike and enjoy our next visit. This would be a great stop for a poker run instead of some of the hard core stops we've encountered before. The old brick street out front provides plenty of parking and we were told they could close the street off. Giving this place an empty plate of approval! Take a chance and step out of your comfort zone. You'll be glad you did!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

My wife and I ate here several times while on our visit to Green Coves Springs to visit some sailors at the local marina. Based on their recommendation we found this place and had both lunch and dinner on two seperate occasions. I loved the texture, taste and order size of the brisket. I must say I over ate on the evening dinner. My wife loved the sauces. I would return again but it is a bar environment so anyone with young kids may want to think twice. In the evening they can have live entertainment from time to time.

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Found this place literally by accident...and was blown away by the Brisket Sliders and thier sweet chili wings are just as spectacular. If you want to have dinner and a show make sure you are there when Johnny Taylor is there on a Saturday night! It's as cozy as a living room!