“It's Okay.”
Review of Isla Del Coqui

Isla Del Coqui
Ranked #32 of 63 Restaurants in Greenacres
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Look, I've had ALOT of Puerto Rican food, being Puerto Rican. This is average at best. I've had better in my hometown of New York. I've even had better in Orlando, FL. Given what I have experienced, they aren't the best nor the worse.

1  Thank bronx3014

Reviewed 19 November 2010

Visiting from NY, I dropped in for lunch based on the reviews on dripadvisor. Must say I was disappointed. I ordered the special of the day octopus Mofongo, they gave me a chicken broth to accompany the mofongo but it did not compliment it well. I must say the alcapurria and relleno de papa were delicious. the frosted beer mug was a nice touch. The ambiance had the potential to be nice with the salsa music videos playing but the service and decor were lacking. I will not be returning unless I hear the place is under new mangement.

2  Thank Angel-out
Reviewed 11 October 2010

I love this restaurant. Being 1/2 puerto rican, I grew up on this food. It is the most authentic PR food in all of south florida in my opinion. The "arroz con gandulles" is to die for. So is the Mofongo. The pasteles are also out of this world.....

1  Thank gigitheone
Reviewed 29 July 2010

If u want a real authentic spanish experience this is the plce great food great service.

Reviewed 25 December 2009

The food is authentic, but the recipes have been perfected, so it's fresher, cleaner, healthier, and even more delicious than you can get anywhere in Puerto Rico. The atmosphere is cozy and comfortable, and the staff is helpful and friendly!
We will definitely be going back soon! It's well worth the trip from Fort lauderdale!
The coquito was out of this world!

1  Thank EatYourTv