“Great Food and Service!”
Review of Tangelo's Grille

Tangelo's Grille
Ranked #11 of 41 Restaurants in Gulfport
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Creative Carribbean Cuisine In A Tropical, Casual Setting. Indoor, Outdoor And Patio Seating Available.
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I had the veggie burger whose mix is created fresh, on site and is the most delicious I've ever tasted! The sweet potato fries are AMAZING and the service is TOP NOTCH! You cannot miss with this choice in dining! See you soon!

Reviewed 29 January 2014

My wife and I picked Tangelo's on the strength of eating something we had never tried before; in this instance, it was the advertisement out front for beef brisket tacos. My wife absolutely loved the BBT's and my lunch of a fresh roasted turkey cuban with chips was stellar. The meats were truly cut from larger portions, which gave a much better appearance than most restaurant's foods. Kelly was our sweet, friendly bundle of energy server who kept us chuckling throughout our meal. The food was reasonably priced as well! Definitely a place to dine at again come our next Florida vacation!

1  Thank kansas1430
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I hadn't been to Tangelo's in Gulfport in a while so decided to go there for lunch today. The service was great (not too many people there but still the waitress was friendly and helpful) and the house cab was really good for the price. For appetizer, we had chips and salsa - both pretty good and also the yucca fries which were absolutely fabulous - perfectly breaded and cooked and a really good dipping sauce. I could have eaten just the fries for lunch! For lunch, I had the rice curry bowl with chicken which was delicious. My only reason for not giving Tangelo's 5 stars was because the rice bowl was more onions and peppers than chicken and rice, but I took home all the vegies I did not eat and will make a second meal out of them. All in all, it was a great experience and I recommend Tangelo's with a big thumbs up!

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Normally I find small family run restaurants a huge step up over the usual "chain types". Now I wish I had read some other diner's reviews before wasting my time at Tangelo's. We arrived at 6:30pm Sat. night and there were 2 of 4 tables unoccupied (that should have been a sign) The food was mediocre but not great, portions were overall small. The beans and rice was a bland little condiment sized cup to which my son remarked looked just like what you get at a certain fast food mexican restaurant. In our party of five, the server put in one dinner wrong and then quizzed ME stating, "I thought that's what you meant"...I told her, "Well that's not what I said and you certainly didn't ask me for clarification". Once informed again she had brought out the wrong food, she still stood hovering at tableside saying nothing, making no apologies, waiting I suppose for me to offer, "That's OK, I'll try this anyway". She finally almost reluctantly agreed to bring out what I actually ordered and never once apologized for making me wait for my actual order to come up, after my friends were well into their meals. There were only 3 tables total to wait on, yet in over 1 hour the server never once came back to our table to check on us and never refilled a single empty glass of which we would gladly have ordered a second beer and sangria. She did spend considerable time talking to her 3 friends at the bar and bussing another table from diners who by then had long since left. What's more, when we got up to leave not one person from the restaurant even met us half way to say "Thank you" or "Come see us again", Nothing! they just let us walk right out the door...for the last time.

2  Thank 1GeofG1
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I've tried four times. Twice I never ate because I was ignored for so long that I eventually left. Not greeted, not given a menu, nothing. Just ignored. I've been a server my whole life and I understand that service can be compromised when busy, but neither time was it so busy that someone couldn't at least say "Hello, be with you soon." Twice this happened! Twice I sat for over ten minutes without an acknowledgment. Of the two times I did eat I can only say this about the food I had, great concept but they serve old fish. Both times I had the grouper cuban, and both times the fish was really bad, and we all know what that tastes life. I'm envious of everyone who has a great experience here because it's outdoors and in the neighborhood and I want to feel that same way, but I've given it plenty of opportunity and it fails each time. Bummer.

1  Thank piratetikibar