“Nice girls' weekend for me and my 5 year old daughter . . .”

The Historic Peninsula Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gulfport
“Nice girls' weekend for me and my 5 year old daughter . . .”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

My 5 year old daughter and I loved staying at the lovely Peninsula Inn . . . everyone was so nice and accommodating in anything we needed during our weekend stay. The Inn is safe and located in a nice part of town. My daughter loved walking up and down Beach Boulevard and taking in the cute shops. This our second year staying there and we look forward to another visit soon.

Thanks everyone for your hospitality during our stay!

Jody

Room Tip: I liked our room (Timbuk Two), but it was a little small. Next time I will select a bigger room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Jody M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Hernando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

A nice place to hop away for a couple of days, this hotel is what I would call "going back in time". The interior is as well kept as it could be given it's age and the furnishings were comfortable. Our room seemed more like a guest room in someone's home rather than a hotel room. The old fashioned elevator was a kick to operate. Breakfast was a simple continental style in Isabel restaurant. Very elegant antiques, etc. Whatever we asked for we received. The bar is pleasant and seems to fill up with locals in the evening. Well located to shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: The Katmandu room has king size bed and lots of windows.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
George Town, Grand Cayman
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights while sailing in a regatta in Gulfport. The hotel is very clean, great staff and the rooms are very elegantly decorated, it makes you feel like you are in a grand hotel but the cost is not that of a grand hotel. It is very centrally located, wifi worked well and has a nice small sociable bar and restarant. I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Downers Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I visited for a weekend business trip and loved everything about the Peninsula, from the wrap-around porch, to the festive location just blocks from the beach, to the first-rate service and intimate feel. Jim was an exceptional host and ensured I had everything I needed. My room was a charming suite with a lovely sitting area and oh-so-comfortable bed. Isabelle's served up delicious gourmet plates along with a nice selection of wines by the glass. And all for a very reasonable price. I look forward to bringing my family back to relax and enjoy the same comforts and personal service.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Punta Gorda, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Did the people who wrote good reviews stay in the same place I did???
Many better options in the area for $168 a night. Built in 1904, it looked as if it had not been painted or renovated since then. The sheets actually had holes they were so thread barren; the wall paper was pealing off the walls. The mattress so old we rolled together in the middle. The ceiling fan rattled so much we thought it was going to come crashing down on us. Breakfast was a basic continental in an dark, dreary environment so we went outside among the mosquito invest vegetation.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank LaurieH1984
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

I agree with the review posted by MissTravel L. While looking for a place to stay near to St. Petersburg, this was the most affordable option BY FAR. We loved the quiet, artsy strip that the Inn was on in Gulfport and felt it was a nice change from the big box/commercial feel of nearby St. Pete's and Clearwater. However, the Inn itself was a bit of a disappointment based on the reviews I read here. Moral of the story is you get what you pay for.

The place was fine but definitely not nice. This is a historic building so ceilings are low and windows are small. Our room lacked basic hotel amenities: no hairdryer, no full length mirror, no closet (there was a set of drawers). The comforter set and pillows were quite ratty. The fitted sheet was too small for the mattress and pulled off in the middle of each night. That said, the place felt safe and the location gave us easy access to many beaches within a 30 minute drive.

If you're looking for a budget stay, this will satisfy your needs. Looking for a true "inn & spa" experience? You will be dissappointed.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

I visited the place for 4 days had an amazing time here. The location is perfect as its quite near to the beach and there are a plenty of other places to hang out in.
The hosts Alex and Jim are very friendly and helpful. Given its price the place is best in the region. I would certainly like to stay here if i visit the place again.

P.S:-And don't miss the breakfast, (they serve pretty good one.)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Vivswan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gulfport
Dolphin Beach Resort
Sirata Beach Resort
Sirata Beach Resort
#16 of 32 in St. Pete Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,811 reviews

Been to The Historic Peninsula Inn? Share your experiences!