“Local Dive but So Fun”

Ranked #12 of 43 Restaurants in Gulfport
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 20 December 2013

One of the two spots where locals hang out at night. Awesome atmosphere on the weekends with decent live music and good drinks. The bartenders Kat and "Little Amy" were our favorites. They were very friendly, attentive and fun to talk to. The outside patio is perfect during the day - they even have corn hole and connect 4 to play if you need to entertain yourself. Lots of tv's for football games and good daily specials. We could go here every night and never get tired of it.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

This used to be called On the Rocks.
A bit run down but they had some good bands playing.
Saw Rolling Thunder a few years back who were awesome.
However it needed refreshing so didn't frequent it that much.
Back in the area and having had a terrific meal at O'Maddys on a Friday night a small group of friends and I decided to have a beer at On the Rocks ... Except it was now Salty's.
It was a specialist evening and one we didn't expect so had one beer and left.
We did look at what events this place advertised before entering which look quite varied but I would recommend that you check out what's on before you go.
It doesn't do food but there are plenty of good places in Gulfport who do.
It will be interesting to see how successful Salty's is as Gulfport is well served with a variety of places.
I wish them well.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

The best bar in Florida, the best bar in the States that we have been to ! We miss this place a lot ! Thanks guys for your welcome !

Reviewed 30 October 2013

This bar is in a great location right across from the water. They don't serve food but O'Maddy's next door serves until 10:00pm and you can take-out and bring it back to Salty's. The band and atmosphere were very good, as well as the drinks. I was there with about 10 people and met five more! I only bought one drink but my glass was never empty. It's a nice friendly local crowd and very mixed- older, younger, couples, singles, lesbians and gays. Everyone was very comfortable and dogs are allowed in the outdoor area. There's plenty of space and room for dancing. I look forward to returning and next time I'll try the giant Jenga!

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Fun lil place which is open to the fresh air we found the people to be fun friendly and welcoming. They don't serve food but the attached bar next door does. Nice kick back place