“Best Pizza”

Cuisines: Salvadoran
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I can't believe we have lived in Hollywood for 10 years and just found this place. It is not much to look at from the outside but that all changes as soon as you open the door. First is the smell, heavenly, then there are the people, they actually greet you with a smile and that doesn't happen much anymore. Everything I have eaten here is fantastic from pizza to fish and salad, just great. The service is friendly and efficient, and they don't pester you. We have been eating here a couple of times a month since we 'discovered' it and will continue to as long as we live here.

There are newer reviews for Tamarindo Coal Fired Pizza

Reviewed 4 December 2013

What a find so close to home. Cozy, good food, good value. Thanks to my friend who shared this secret!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

My husband and I came to El Tamarindo actually by mistake. Our hunger for pizza,but no parking available where we first decided to go,made us drive around and there it was. Very "low key" entrance didn´t keep our hope up, but never have we been so wrong. When we opened the door, we came to pizza heaven . While waiting on our pizza to take away, we were seated at the bar, given each a glass of water and served crisp warm bread with pesto (for free) There we was sitting watching the coal fire and highly skilled pizza makers make our pizza. Superduper warm welcome by excellent and friendly staff. And the pizza was the best we have ever had and tasted. This place is such a gem you can´t believe it. They also have an amazing meny and you can sit and dine there. We came for a takeaway pizza, the best pizza ever.
El Tamarindo Coal Fired Pizza,712 Atlantic Shores Blvd. Hallandale,

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I was taken to Tamarindo's for the first time in March, 2013. Although I'd passed several times..the older 'strip center' did not seem appealing. I figured it was just another average 'hole in the wall' boring pizza shop.

I was 100% WRONG. Duhhh!

The dining rooms were almost full on the 3 times I ate here. Locals and tourists including French Canadians (I speak French & Spanish,too) pack this place. Click the website link. This establishment is also considered to be at the border of Hollywood and Hallandale Beach,FL.

The free 'appetizer' is garlic soaked parsley (I think)..and it tastes amazing. The regular ppetizers include soups,mussels,tamales, etc. All priced within reason.I believe that the owners are from San Salvador in Central America..so the cuisine is a melange of Latin America with a 'zest' of Italy. I tried various pizzas..and my most recent dinner consisted of linguini in a spicy red (I LOVE LATIN HEAT) seafood sauce. The portion was so immense..I was concerned that I could not finish the meal. My belly probably looked "Sumo-esque" (new word..I just invented to describe my behemoth stomach!) Just kidding..I am in top physical shape.

Trying to create some fun I suddenly start talking in Spanish to the staff...because most 'gringo's don't make the effort.Love to make the waiters and waitresses laugh and while not 100% fluent..I practice daily. Wonderful service with sincerity..reasonably priced..a wonderful value. Just learned there are a few more locations.

During previous visits I enjoyed wonderful seafood..red snapper as well as New York Strip Steak with Italian and Latin side dishes.

Don't judge a book by its cover..may be the perfect 'motto' for Tamarindo's. It is a few doors from a 7-11..yet the cooking holds its own against higher priced restaurants. The famous Gulfsteam Horseracing Park is a few blocks to the south.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

Pizzas are always delicious. Chef Alex always has a fresh, excellent soup of the day. Perfect chimichurri. Homemade pepper sauce. But the wings are where it's at.