“After unpacking we found pubic hairs ”

Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach/Aventura
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Fridge didn't keep drinks cool, tv had many lines through it. Pubic hairs on toilet immediately after walking into the room right after unpacking. After a long drive didn't want to pack again after telling the staff. They did offer another room. Also the ice machines were right across and on the side of rooms. The staff was friendly and did ask us to change rooms. Too late as I was tired. Should have been done right in the first place. When told they kind of made me feel they didn't believe me. The guy they sent up to fix the fridge said its a
Mini bar not a fridge so that's why it doesn't get cold. Also just wiggled the cord. Which the manager said it was the cable company. I tried to explain that to him, the maintanence guy, but he didn't understand or listen and just messed with the cord and I was like wth just forget it in my head. It went back to lines. These reviews of the hotel seem
bogus besides the friendly staff.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Justhangnaround
Mitch B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach/Aventura, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2014

Dear Guest,
Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointing service and conditions of your recent stay. We know our guests deserve the best and we will use your comments as we continually evolve to meet and exceed our guests' expectations. We have shared your comments with our team and assure you appropriate steps have been made to correct the issues you encountered with comfort and cleanliness. Should you return to our area in the future, we would love to have you back so we may better demonstrate the complete quality stay you expect and deserve.

Mitch Bermudez-General Manager
[name and contact info]

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I was extremely satistied with this stay even after using my hilton points I couldn't have asked fro greater service. Location was also great close to miami and it has great view of the horse track at Aventura, close by you can find Aventura Mall and all of Miami North BEach. The most important thing is that there is no cover for parking.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying at this location for 4 nights. The reason for the visit was that my mother was having surgery at Aventura. The hotel location is only a five minute drive from the hospital. It is also very close to the mall and eating establishments. The hotel was clean, comfortable and the staff welcoming. Upon check in I was treated with warmth. I even received a call after I got to my room to see if everything was ok. And was told there were fresh cookies down stairs. I will definitely return to this location. Thank you for a great stay.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank travelwithlysol
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Includes hot buffet breakfast, clean room, fast check in and check out. Parking available and near in the park lot have an Steak and Shake Restaurant 24hrs! 15min of Hollywood area, places nightlife. Lot of store and supermarket near. Have in the room microwave and refrigerator. I❤ my stay.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 5 August 2014

From the point I checked in, to the time I had to depart this hotel I was constantly pleased by the service level and all the amenties that The Hampton Inn had to offer. The breakfast in the mornings was wide, not your run of the mill cereal offering, they had eggs, bagels, juices, sausage even a waffle maker. In the evenings they would put out cookies and coffee was available 24 hours in the lobby. The staff was fantastic and very accommodating. The room was big and the bed very plush. The only negative I saw was that the hotel is off a major traffic artery and there are not so many unique restaurant options within walking distance. Therefore will probably need a car if you stay here. Thanks guys for a great visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the poolside away from the noisy traffic.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My family and I stayed at this Hampton Inn for business. The front desk staff was very courteous and we received excellent service. Yard House in walking distance nearby had great happy hour specials. Price seemed high for the area, but would recommend to others overall.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

As a Diamond HH member I stay at Hampton Inns all year long and this is certainly in the top 5%! Room was clean and the only reason for 4 stars instead of 5 is that the bathroom was a little dated and the toilet seat is actually almost yellow - gross. But other than that my stay was great and I will be staying here again.

Stayed: July 2014
Marenas Beach Resort
Marenas Beach Resort
#2 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
AC Hotel by Marriott Miami Aventura

Been to Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach/Aventura? Share your experiences!