“The worst food ever”

Ten Palms Buffet
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Of all the restaurants I have reviewed around the world, we had a bus group go for the racing and the buffet, or should I say non buffet, what they put out was all leftovers, from some previous time. The chicken breast was reheated in broth. What was supposed to be prime rib, looked like leftover pot roast. Previous years, this place was great, now it's rundown and gone to pot. Now we know why we were the only bus group at the track. My next guess they will belly up!

2  Thank jack s

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Please watch your stuff that you leave on your table. I left my IPad on the table for 1 minute to walk over to my husband 5 feet away to tell him to cash my winning ticket and my IPad was stolen! I knew it was the busboy who was cleaning the tables because it was the last race! I made such a stink and went over to the Manager. The busboy must have heard the commotion because when I returned to the table to show the Manager what table it was taken from, it was put back! Food okay, service okay.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

We went on Easter Sunday and watched the races and enjoyed the buffet. The buffet was huge. The quality of the food was above average.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

My boyfriend and I have visited Ten Palms a few times as we like to go to the track to gamble. However, this Sunday was the last time we will visit. We walked in and there were probably 6-7 employees at the hostess stand, 2 managers and several young ladies that were hostesses. It took at least a minute for us to even be acknowledged (might not sound like a long time but it is when you are standing in front of a bunch of people who are doing nothing). Once we were noticed, it took several more minutes for someone to figure out we were customers and would like to eat. Since we were the only people standing there wanting to eat, they probably thought we were lost. We were using a gift card, which was not valid for special events, the day we went to the restaurant was NOT listed as a special event day on the Gulfstream website, however they still had to check to see if it was valid. When we tried to order mimosas, they said it was not valid for alcohol, no mention of this on the gift card, we asked to speak to a manager and suddenly it was valid for alcohol. However, we were told that we had to spend the entire amount and they didn't carry over balances to new gift cards (again, no mention of this on the gift card). The food was mediocre at best and the entire time we were in the restaurant the manager kept walking past giving us dirty looks. It was extremely disrespectful.

The 2 good things about the restaurant were our server Carlos, he is always so nice and attentive, and Catherine, the lady we wager with. They are so nice and professional!

Reviewed 25 February 2013

This is the restaurant in the clubhouse at Gulfstream Park; you can sit and eat during the horse races and watch either thru the large windows or via table monitor (large tables only). $35 min. pp or your choice of buffet which did not look too exciting. Service was "ok", had to ask them to wipe table and never did give us a coaster or napkin for our drinks, water, etc, and we were there for several hrs. We had to ask each time. Food was pretty good - we had the burgers and club sandwich, plus wine - but as the last race neared, service declined to next to nothing. The only reason to go here is if you do not want to stand outside in the heat to watch the races. Good thing is they have a roving person who will take your bet via hand held computer; the one I had just about put his hand out for a tip each bet I placed, a little tacky I thought. Not really worth the price tag IMO