“Drive the extra mile and feel safe”

Best Western Plus Hollywood/Aventura
Reviewed 2 May 2013

This place is just a dump. I actually checked out early. The staff was very nice but the hotel and rooms are old and you never get a clean feeling anywhere you walk. I actually felt the the area to be unsafe as well. Security in the hotel is not great. I usually travel for business and will go back to staying at the Sheridan a few exits north.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Ejc413
bestwesternHallndale, Administrative Assistant at Best Western Plus Hollywood/Aventura, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

Dear Ejc413,

I really appreciate you taking the time to review the property. I am sorry that the inconveniences you faced amounted to you leaving the hotel early. We do have security come in at night to patrol the area so that guests can sleep soundly and we have never had any issues with the area. Our rooms are currently under renovations and and willl have a more modern look at the end. I do hope you give us a chance to redeem our name after renovations.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

This property is located very close to an intersection of a highway and another busy street. I had called the hotel before our flight because of the location, and the receptionist said she'd assign us a room looking at their parking lot. Our flight arrived to Fort Lauderdale airport late night, and we were at the hotel after midnight. Went to our room (5th floor), and of course, our room was looking at both roads. I went down and asked about my call. I was told, yes, there had been another room assigned, but some time after 9 pm maintenance closed that room, and we got the last remaining room in the hotel. I feel I was lied to my face (why?), I can't imagine a reason for maintenance to do anything all of a sudden after 9 pm. And they also told me the windows were being replaced throughout the property. That's an old tale, I read about it a couple months ago in another review. Besides, how does it help to know that something might be improved in the future, when you are already there?
The room itself was ok for one night stay. Breakfast like at any BW. But if you value quietness, stay away from this property.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank NPBeginner

Dear NPBeginner,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with your room. We do try our best to place guests on the parking lot side but it is not garanteed at all times. It is possible for maintenance to put some rooms out of order at any time for security reasons not necessarily for anything that needs to be repaired inside the room. As for the windows, it does take some time for renovations to be completed it does not happen over night. There are permits and inspections that need to occur before the actual renovations can begin and sometimes depending on the city it takes months. Guests can actually witness the renovations to the windows from the highway and from the parking lot. Once again I do apologize for all your inconviniences and hope that you are able to visit us after the renovations so that we can redeem our name.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

I stayed here for 2 night in March. My reservation was for 3 nights. The hotel cancelled my reservation at 1pm on my day of arrival, while I was flying from CA to FL. When I get to the hotel at 9pm, they tell me I don't have a reservation. I pull out my phone to bring up my conformation number and then I notice an email from the hotel saying they are cancelling my reservation because when I made in back in October, I used a credit card that was going to expire in December. I had a new credit card with the same number and new expiration date, but that didn't matter to them. They insisted I don't have a room. After phone calls back and forth with customer service, they wanted to let me have the "last room" for 289.00 a night, when my reservation was for 99.00 a night. While I was waiting in the lobby to sort this out, numerous people came in trying to get a room. It was spring break, so very busy.

I KNOW they cancelled my room so they could get more money for it. They ended up finding me the last room and honored the 99.00 after I was in tears. Who would cancel a person reservation on the day of arrival? Best Western of Hollywood.

I was supposed to stay Saturday night too, but they didn't have a room. I called my uncle who is a lawyer and he got on it for me. The solution was for me to stay 15 miles away for 289.00. Nope, not going to do it. After me threatening that I wasn't going to leave and a few calls from my uncle, they found one more room for Saturday night. We ended up finding a different place to stay because I wasn't going to give BW one more penny.

To be clear, we did stay on Thurs and Fri night, but not Saturday night.

I wont even comment on the room or the location because they ruined it for me. I don't think I will ever stay at a BW again.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Calicakes
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Let me start by saying that my wife and I were very happy with our stay at this hotel. Yes, it's in need of some freshening up in our opinion. It's a little drab and it could do with some brightening up. Having said that, during our stay some rooms were being renovated so in a few months time it should look a lot better. We had a room on the car park side and because of this it was quiet and we had a very decent sleep over the 5 nights we were there. The room was ok and the beds were comfortable. The room was cleaned every day to a good standard and we had all we needed. The maid looked after us very well. Good Internet connection, provided free by the hotel. The reception and other staff were very friendly. In regards to breakfast we had all we needed. It's down as a continental breakfast but don't think of it as an European Continental Breakfast. It's self service and they provide things like waffles, bagels, toast, muffins, cereal, yogurt, egg, sausage meat and some fruit. Paper plates with plastic cutlery were used for breakfast. This is what my wife and I expected. As I said at the start we were happy with this hotel and it is good value for money, depending on which site you used to book it. We had no problem with the area itself and it was easy to get out and about. We had a rental car, which obviously helped but there is a good bus service (route 28) that takes you along Hallandale Beach Blvd every 30 minutes or so if needed. We did quite a bit during our 5 night stay and this hotel served our purpose very well. A good 5 night stay.

Room Tip: For a quiet time see if you can get a room on the car park side. However it looks like sound proofin...
1  Thank Ray T
bestwesternHallndale, Administrative Assistant at Best Western Plus Hollywood/Aventura, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

Dear Ray T,

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel; we really appreciate your contribution. As you mentioned we are currently renovating and we expect the hotel to look like new when finished. I am glad that our staff, breakfast and rooms were up to your standards and that it attributed to a pleasant stay with us. It is also great that the location was very helpful for you and that you had the chance to experience the convenient bus service in the area. We will be waiting to welcome you back with open arms on your next visit to our newly renovated hotel.

Reviewed 20 April 2013

We stayed here per-cruise on April 4-6, 2013. We loved it, the staff were very courteous and helpful. Room was updated, beautiful and breakfast was excellent, could not ask for more! Would definitely consider staying here again. We explored the area and walked right to Hallanadle Beach on the day before the cruise, lots of places to have a supper, coffee and grocery store right across the street in case you needed to stock up like we did before joining our ship. We stayed in a room facing the main highway and the noise is not bothersome at all, or at least we did not have any issues. Our stay was a great experience, a little father from the cruise terminal than we would have hoped, but overall not a complaint.

1  Thank Nicolle K

Dear Nicolle K,

I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us. It always delights me to hear when a guest finds our staff helpful and courteous. it is also great to know that you found our area convenient for your stay and your future trip. We would be more than happy to welcome you back on your upcoming trips to Hallandale, FL. We do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

Let me state that I did not sleep at this hotel. I left immediately after seeing the poor condition of the exterior as well as the interior of the first floor reception area and rest room. I booked blindly and never will I do so again. Best Western should be ashamed to keep this property open. It's disgusting on the inside and outside, the staff are rude, and smug. I'm thankful to the Hot Wire for rectifying the situation. Their customer service rep felt so bad for me that she found a new hotel for me to stay at (a 4 star) for only $20 more a night. I would have gladly paid 5 times as much.

8  Thank shai22
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights during WMC13 and it was great.

My room had a recent remodel which was great. Everything was clean that I saw. Free breakfast in the morning. Right on I-95 to easy to get anywhere pretty quickly. Only a 30-minute drive to downtown Miami if not driving during rush-hour. Good stay for the price.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
bestwesternHallndale, Administrative Assistant at Best Western Plus Hollywood/Aventura, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2013

Dear Dan Q,

Thank you very much for writing such a great review. I am glad that we exceeded your expectations and you enjoyed your stay. It is also great to hear that you found our location helpful for your travels. I do hope that you will visit us again during your next visit to Hallandale.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hallandale Beach
Marenas Beach Resort
#2 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Aventura Mall
AC Hotel by Marriott Miami Aventura

Been to Best Western Plus Hollywood/Aventura? Share your experiences!