We stayed here on 04/28/2013, for 1 night prior to a trip to La Romana, DR. We booked on hotwire via the secret hot-deals and only paid $50.00 for the night for 2 adults including free parking, wi-fi, and hot breakfast. HELLO…Did I mention FREE parking, wi-fi, and hot breakfast (including sausage/eggs). Lower rating due to having TOO MANY unfinished projects!!
On a positive note: we apparently got one of the upgraded newly renovated rooms and we were comfortable in the room. Nice paint colors, décor, and updated bathroom. Only issue in room was that the bathroom door wouldn’t close all the way. It seemed warped or something. Also we asked for a king bed and got 2 full sized beds instead. Oh well, just more room to play!!
The breakfast was typical cheap hotel fare but it was plentiful with lots of options. NO ONE should go hungry eating here because if nothing else one could have fruit/yogurt, toast, and orange juice.
I must say that I have to agree with other posts which point out that this hotel appears run down. As soon as you pull up you immediately see several ongoing renovation projects to the outside of the property. ALL of them appear to have been started and then left unfinished in the middle of the project. I say each project should be completed prior to starting the next project. Overall the outside appearance looks like some place I would definitely drive by without stopping because it looks sooo run down and in disrepair.
I also noted unfinished projects inside of the hotel corridors as well. Such as a whole wall (down to the frame/studs) needing drywall and paint.
As to location: hotel is about 2 miles from FLL right next to Hwy 95. I suggest that you make a u-turn on Hallandale Beach Rd at the gas station right off the hwy instead of following the navigation system along the side streets that run behind the strip joint located in front of the hotel. I didn’t like the side streets and felt unsafe the one time that we traveled on them to get to the hotel for the 1st time. I wasn’t really all that concerned by the strip joint right in front of the hotel. We didn’t encounter any weirdoes hanging about in the parking lot however I definitely don’t recommend young women hanging out or coming/going unaccompanied late at night or o’dark-thirty in the morning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the award winning BEST WESTERN PLUS Hollywood/Aventura Hotel, centrally located between Miami to the south and Fort Lauderdale to the north. You're now within a half-hour of some of the finest restaurants, shopping and entertainment experiences that South Florida has to offer. Just minutes east of us lays Gulfstream Park Horse Racing and Casino, the sparkling Atlantic Ocean and miles of pristine beaches! Complimentary parking for all guests but unfortunately, no tractor trailer parking available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Hollywood/Aventura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Hollywood/Aventura Hotel Hallandale
- Hallandale Best Western
- Best Western Pembroke Park
- Pembroke Park Best Western
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Hollywood/Aventura Hallandale Beach, Florida